'That's why': Thomas Partey shares the reason why Emile Smith Rowe has been given Arsenal's number 10 shirt
Arsenal star Thomas Partey spoke about Emile Smith Rowe in a recent Q&A session on Sky Sports.
The young Englishman has been a star for the Gunners this season. He is Arsenal’s top scorer with 10 goals in all competitions this term and he has looked absolutely incredible at times.
Smith Rowe burst onto the scene under Mikel Arteta last season. He was given a surprise start against Chelsea on Boxing Day and he helped the Gunners pick up a fantastic win.
He has since been a massive player for the Gunners and was even given the prestigious number 10 shirt last summer.
Thomas Partey: Emile Smith Rowe is the cleverest player at Arsenal
Arsenal have been on a roll recently and Partey’s incredible form in the middle of the park is one of the biggest reasons why the Gunners have been so good.
Smith Rowe, on the other hand, has had his problems with injuries, but he has still done really well when he has played and even scored a fantastic goal against Brentford not too long ago.
Partey, in his Q&A, was asked to name the cleverest player at Arsenal at the moment and the reasoning behind his answer.
The Ghanaian said: “Smith Rowe! That’s why he has the number 10 jersey.”
Smith Rowe really is a clever young player and the fact that he’s so good already is really exciting for Arsenal fans.
The Englishman will only get better in the coming years and he could even become one of the best players in the country in a few years’ time.
Arsenal take on Liverpool at the Emirates this evening and Emile Smith Rowe will have to play his part.
It’s unlikely that the 21-year-old will get the nod from the start due to Gabriel Martinelli’s fantastic form. However, he has shown that he can come off the bench and score, and Arsenal fans will be hoping for just that this evening.
- Report claims Arsenal are now trying to sign ‘brilliant’ Tottenham player, with Paratici open to selling him
You may also like…
- Report: ‘Exceptional’ player is now one step closer to leaving Arsenal, his agent’s coming to London this week
- Lucas Torreira posts just two words on Instagram after his Arsenal exit is confirmed
- Arsenal have held talks with AC Milan about signing Sandro Tonali – journalist
- ‘Far more good than bad’: Rio Ferdinand loves one Arsenal player and thinks Arteta will use him all season long