Photo: 'Exceptional' youngster laughs at Cedric after flying past him in Arsenal training
Arsenal are hard at work in training ahead of their game against Liverpool and young Nuno Tavares was spotted having a bit of fun with his compatriot, Cedric Soares.
The Gunners take on Jurgen Klopp’s side at the Emirates tonight in what will arguably be their most difficult game yet.
Arsenal have an awful record against Liverpool, having won just one of the last 13 Premier League games against them (Opta). The Reds will look to extend that brilliant record, but Mikel Arteta’s men have found a bit of form themselves.
The North Londoners have lost just once since the turn of the year. They have won each of their last five games as well and the game tonight is probably their best chance in recent years to cause Liverpool some problems.
- Report claims Arsenal are now trying to sign ‘brilliant’ Tottenham player, with Paratici open to selling him
Nuno Tavares spotted laughing at Cedric in Arsenal training
Arsenal were put through the paces by Arteta in London Colney yesterday ahead of the big game tonight.
One Gunners star who deserves a ton of credit for his performances recently is Cedric. The Portugal international has had to cover for the injured Takehiro Tomiyasu and he has done really well.
Cedric, however, isn’t a young man anymore and his compatriot Tavares, branded as ‘exceptional’ by Arteta, showed off his youth by flying past the right-back to collect a long ball.
The funniest thing about the picture, however, is how Tavares laughs at Cedric as he leaps in the air to control the ball.
- Report: Arsenal offer Barcelona star £100k-a-week contract to come and join them, has £167m release clause
Cedric is expected to start again tonight at right-back with Tomiyasu still yet to fully recover from his injury.
The Portugal international has been brilliant for Arsenal in recent weeks. He definitely doesn’t offer the solidity that Tomiyasu does on the right side for the Gunners, but the ex-Southampton man is still a very good full-back.
The game tonight, however, will be his toughest one since he got back into the side. Luis Diaz is causing havoc every time he steps onto the pitch and Colombian’s pace will not be easy for Cedric to deal with.
However, if he can contain Diaz on the right and Kieran Tierney does the same with Mo Salah on the opposite side, Arsenal will fancy themselves to get something out of the game tonight.
- ‘I think that’: Antonio Conte and Jamie Carragher say the same thing about Arsenal’s top-four chances
You may also like…
- Report: ‘Exceptional’ player is now one step closer to leaving Arsenal, his agent’s coming to London this week
- Lucas Torreira posts just two words on Instagram after his Arsenal exit is confirmed
- Arsenal have held talks with AC Milan about signing Sandro Tonali – journalist
- ‘Far more good than bad’: Rio Ferdinand loves one Arsenal player and thinks Arteta will use him all season long