Mikel Arteta could do something tonight that he has never done before as Arsenal manager
Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta is a happy man now having won five consecutive games in the Premier League.
The Gunners were languishing at the bottom of the table after the first three games this season. Many wanted the Spaniard gone, but the Arsenal board kept their faith in him, and he is now delivering.
The North Londoners are currently fourth in the Premier League table, one point ahead of fifth-place Manchester United. Arsenal have three games in hand over the Red Devils as well, which makes them the favourites to secure a top-four finish this season.
Arteta will only be focusing on the game tonight against Liverpool and the Gunners boss could do something he has never done before as a manager.
- Report claims Arsenal are now trying to sign ‘brilliant’ Tottenham player, with Paratici open to selling him
Mikel Arteta could win six PL games in a row for the first time as Arsenal boss
Arsenal appointed Arteta as their boss in December 2019. The Gunners have been through a lot since but they’ve never managed to win six Premier League games in a row.
The best Arteta has managed was five consecutive wins in the final five games of last season.
The Spaniard has matched that record now thanks to wins in each of their last five league games, and he could now do something he has never done before as Arsenal boss – win six in a row.
That would be a phenomenal achievement, but beating a side like Liverpool is easier said than done.
- Report: Arsenal offer Barcelona star £100k-a-week contract to come and join them, has £167m release clause
Arsenal’s record against Liverpool really is an awful one in recent years.
The Gunners have won just one of their last 18 matches with Liverpool in all competitions. That just shows you the difference in level between the two sides, but Arteta’s men have a chance to close the gap tonight.
Arsenal have lost just once in the Premier League all year and that was an unlucky defeat to Manchester City on New Year’s Day. They really look like a side that can achieve something special in the coming years, and a win tonight will surely give them massive confidence.
However, despite Arsenal’s brilliant recent run, Liverpool will come into the game tonight as the favourites.
- ‘I think that’: Antonio Conte and Jamie Carragher say the same thing about Arsenal’s top-four chances
You may also like…
- Report: ‘Exceptional’ player is now one step closer to leaving Arsenal, his agent’s coming to London this week
- Lucas Torreira posts just two words on Instagram after his Arsenal exit is confirmed
- Arsenal have held talks with AC Milan about signing Sandro Tonali – journalist
- ‘Far more good than bad’: Rio Ferdinand loves one Arsenal player and thinks Arteta will use him all season long