Report: Spurs now set to bid for 'special' English talent, just a week after Conte sent scouts to watch him
According to a report from Hull Live, Tottenham Hotspur are keen to table a bid for Hull City youngster Keane Lewis-Potter before the window shuts on Monday.
Spurs fans are desperate to see their side get a deal done in this window. Fabio Paratici is working really hard behind the scenes to sign a few new players, but it has proved to be very difficult this month.
The likes of Adama Traore, Sofyan Amrabat and most recently, Luis Diaz have all been linked with moves to North London, and at least two of those three players will likely join Antonio Conte at Spurs before Monday.
One other player the Italian is reportedly interested in is Hull’s Lewis-Potter, who has become a star at just 20 years of age.
- ‘He only wants Spurs’: Romano says ‘exceptional’ player will not join any other club, he’s fixed on Tottenham
Conte sent Tottenham scouts to watch Keane Lewis-Potter
The report claims that Spurs really want to table a bid to sign Lewis-Potter before the transfer window shuts. West Ham are also interested in securing the youngster’s services, but Tottenham have a plan to blow the Irons out of the water.
Tottenham are prepared to loan the young winger back to Hull until the end of the season if the Tigers accept their bid. West Ham, on the other hand, aren’t willing to do that, which could give Spurs an edge in the race to sign him.
The report also claims that Conte sent his scouts to watch Lewis-Potter when Hull faced Blackburn Rovers exactly a week ago. It looks like the Tottenham boss has received positive feedback about the youngster and a bid is now expected to be made before the window shuts on Monday.
- Report: Tottenham ‘superstar’ now wants to leave club at all costs, despite only being signed six months ago
The youngster is a special talent
Lewis-Potter has impressed everyone in the Championship this season.
The 20-year-old, labelled a ‘special talent‘ by ex-Hull boss Grant McCann, has directly been involved in 10 goals in all competitions so far this season. Although naturally a left-winger, Lewis-Potter can play anywhere across the front three and his potential is massive.
Spurs fans will be hoping for big-name arrivals in the next few days, but a move for the young Hull winger is not a bad idea at all. Loaning him back to gain more experience would be a fantastic move as well.
It will be interesting to see how much Hull City will demand for their star attacker ahead of Monday’s deadline.
You may also like…
- Report: Everton want to sell Michael Keane with Nottingham Forest keen
- ‘Way ahead’: TalkSPORT pundit says Brentford player has totally outshone 28-year-old Tottenham star this season
- ‘It won’t be them’: Tim Sherwood predicts who’s going to be relegated from the Premier League this season
- Report: Nottingham Forest aggressively tried to sign 21-year-old from Leeds in the summer, but he wasn’t keen