Report: Spurs insiders feel they're close to signing 'immense' attacking ace in next few days
Tottenham Hotspur are reportedly going after Luis Diaz, one of Europe’s most highly rated attackers.
On Tuesday afternoon, football.london reported that Spurs had enquired about the availability of the Porto winger.
However, Porto reportedly rejected Spurs’ opening offer.
According to The Independent, the Portuguese giants are demanding a fee of €60m (£50.2m) for the 25-year-old.
The report claims that Tottenham are currently willing to offer an initial fee of around €45m (£37.7m).
The rest of the agreement would apparently be made up through add-ons.
Porto are reportedly reluctant to do such a deal for a player with a €80m (£67m) release clause.
However, The Independent says ‘repeated sources feel they are close’ and ‘there is a feeling a deal can be done for Diaz’.
A number of Premier League clubs have been eyeing Diaz but Spurs ‘are so far the keenest to act’, added the report.
Can Tottenham land “immense talent” ahead of Liverpool?
Diaz has made a name for himself as one of the hottest talents in Europe over the past 12 months.
The 25-year-old has an impressive 16 goals and six assists from 28 club appearances in all competitions this term.
He joined Porto in 2019 and has helped them to a Portuguese title and Portuguese Cup triumph in that time.
Diaz also shone at last summer’s Copa America, where he helped Colombia to third place.
He finished as the tournament’s joint top-scorer alongside Lionel Messi with four goals.
Earlier this month, Porto assistant manager Vitor Bruno told Expresso: “Luis has an immense talent.
“The way he communicates with the ball is almost poetic.”