Report: 'Extraordinary' goalkeeper is now set to be sold this summer, with Tottenham wanting him to succeed Lloris
According to talkSPORT, reported Tottenham Hotspur target Jordan Pickford is set to be sold by Everton this summer.
The Toffees are in a really difficult position at the moment, but not all hope is not lost just yet. Following their impressive victory over Chelsea last weekend, Everton’s fate lies in their own hands.
The Merseysiders have a game in hand over both Burnley and Leeds United, and if they win that, they will leapfrog both teams and climb up to 16th in the league table.
As he was against Chelsea last weekend, Pickford will be the key man in Everton’s next five games, but if the report is to be believed, he may not play again for the Toffees after that.
Everton ready to cash in on Tottenham-linked Jordan Pickford
It is no surprise that Pickford will look to leave Everton at the end of this season if they get relegated.
However, what’s surprising is that the Toffees are reportedly ready to listen to offers for their star goalkeeper even if they stay up in the Premier League.
It has been claimed that Lampard is contemplating cashing in on the England number one this summer in order to raise funds for a big rebuild at Goodison Park.
Pickford, branded as ‘extraordinary’ by Alan Shearer, has been at Everton since the summer of 2017.
- ‘Everton are really weird’: BBC pundit reacts after what he heard Jordan Pickford say following Chelsea win
Spurs want Pickford to succeed Lloris
The Telegraph revealed back in November last year that Tottenham have lined up Pickford as Hugo Lloris’ successor.
The French World Cup winner signed a new contract in January and he’s set to stay at the club until 2024. However, he’s 35 already and it’s clear that he’s not the same player he once was.
If Spurs really want to get back into the top four and become a top team under Antonio Conte, they need to strengthen almost every position, and Pickford would be a great option.
The Englishman has had his shaky moments over the years, but he is still a quality goalkeeper, and his distribution is up there with the best in the country. If Pickford’s available, Spurs should go and sign him this summer.
- BBC pundit insists ‘fantastic’ Arsenal star Ramsdale has been way better than Tottenham target Jordan Pickford
You may also like…
- ‘Newcastle are favourites to get him’: Journalist claims Magpies in pole position for ‘insane’ £40m player
- Report: Tottenham have now decided they want to sell ‘superstar’ talent this summer
- ‘He has to come in’: Ian Wright tells Arsenal to go and sign someone who’s just like ‘outstanding’ £37m Liverpool star
- Report: Arsenal are more likely to sign ‘world class’ player than Oleksandr Zinchenko this summer