'Downfall': Pundit slams 29-year-old player Tottenham reportedly want to sign, compares him to Aubameyang
Simon Jordan had a real go at reported Tottenham Hotspur target Jesse Lingard and even compared him to ex-Arsenal skipper Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
Lingard was always a talented player but slowly became a forgotten man at United. He secured a loan move to West Ham in the second half of last season, and his performances there showed the world what he’s all about.
A number of clubs were keen to sign Lingard last summer, but he decided to stay put. He wanted to leave in January, but Manchester United decided against letting him go in the end.
That prompted his brother to have a pop at the Red Devils for treating him badly, but Jordan believes Lingard has no one else to blame but himself.
- Report: ‘Top, top level’ Jesse Lingard, who’s on Spurs’ radar, will now definitely leave his club for free in summer
Simon Jordan compares Tottenham-linked Jesse Lingard to Aubameyang
Speaking on talkSPORT, the ex-Crystal Palace owner said: “Jesse Lingard is the architect of his own downfall. He has reaped precisely what he has sown, and it’s not just with Ralf Rangnick, it was with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer too.
“We can all go somewhere for five minutes. [Pierre-Emerick] Aubameyang has been at Barcelona for five minutes, and he will revert to type.
“We all knew he would do that for five minutes and when he comes back down to reality and not proving the point, he’ll be back being late to training and doing precisely what he wants.
“Now, Jesse Lingard is in the situation where he could have left Manchester United whenever he wanted, it’s only his performances that have dictated him not being in the side.”
- Report: Howe is pushing Newcastle to sign ‘fantastic’ Spurs target Jesse Lingard this summer, he’s keen to join them
Spurs want to sign the Englishman this summer
Reports claimed in January that Antonio Conte had told Tottenham to sign Lingard from Manchester United. Sadly, that move didn’t materialise then.
Right after the winter window, ESPN reported that Spurs will remain an option for Lingard in the upcoming summer transfer window, and the good thing for Daniel Levy is that he can sign the Englishman on a free transfer.
If there’s one thing Tottenham are lacking at the moment, it’s goals from midfield. Their over-reliance on Son Heung-min, Harry Kane and now Dejan Kulusevski has often cost them, and it is an issue they should resolve this summer.
Lingard would be a great signing for Tottenham and the fact that he’ll be available for free makes him a fantastic option.
- ‘I’m really worried’: McCoist says he’s very concerned about Lingard as Spurs reportedly want to sign him this summer
You may also like…
- Report: Arsenal told to pay £20m to sign ‘incredibly quick’ player who’s blown Antonio Conte away
- Report: Leeds set sights on £21m wizard with ‘silky creative swagger’ who’s been likened to Neymar
- ‘In these last few hours’: Italian journalist has just shared transfer update on Bastoni amid Spurs links
- Report: Liverpool could ‘try their luck again’ to get ‘extraordinary’ player to Anfield after CL final tonight