'We will try': Director publicly claims he'll make a move for 'outstanding' Arsenal star in the summer
Olympique Lyon director Bruno Cheyrou has promised his club’s fans that he’ll try to sign Arsenal star Alexandre Lacazette in the summer transfer window.
The Frenchman was a hero to Lyon supporters during his time there. He played 275 times for Les Gones, scored 129 goals and provided 43 assists in all competitions.
He is still extremely popular at Lyon and a return in the summer could cement his place there as a club legend.
Luckily for Lyon and their fans, Lacazette, labelled as ‘outstanding‘ by Jamie Carragher, will be a free agent in the summer and a move really is possible.
- ‘I haven’t had any luck’: 28-year-old claims he was always ‘very good’ at Arsenal but Arteta barely used him
Lyon director: We will try to sign Lacazette after he leaves Arsenal
Cheyrou, who has taken over recruitment responsibilities at Lyon following Juninho Pernambucano’s departure, said in an interview with Olympique-et-Lyonnais: “I’m not telling you that we’ll manage to bring back Lacazette, but we need to try.
“Without selling dreams to anyone, we will try to be as ambitious as possible in the players we will want to recruit.
“I had the chance to follow Lyon’s European campaign for beIN Sports three or four years ago, and Tolisso and Lacazette were largely above everyone.
“If Lacazette could return with experience acquired in England, who would be against Lacazette’s return?”
Lacazette has entered the final few months of his contract at Arsenal and it is almost a guarantee that he will not be offered an extension.
The Frenchman, even though his goals have dried up this season, has been a great servant for Arsenal. He works immensely hard for the team, is a real leader and has been brilliant with all the youngsters at the club.
Lacazette is a fine player for most sides in the world and a return to Lyon, the club where he first made his name, would be a brilliant way for him to end his career.
It will be interesting to see if the Frenchman will accept an offer from his boyhood club in the summer.
- ‘He has what it takes’: Paul Merson believes 20-year-old Gunners talent ‘might save Arsenal £70million’
You may also like…
- ‘We have communication’: Fabrizio Romano has just relayed some bad news for Arsenal and Chelsea fans
- Report: Tottenham and Arsenal told they can now sign another ‘world-class’ attacking player for just £21m
- Report: Arsenal & Newcastle miss out on £14m target as Premier League side agree deal
- Arsenal fans will love what Thomas Partey did earlier as footage emerges from 5-1 win