Video: What some Arsenal fans did at the away end at Crystal Palace after Gunners went 3-0 down
Arsenal suffered a disappointing defeat at the hands of Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park last night but their fans are still fully behind the side.
The Gunners went into the game in phenomenal form. They had lost just twice since the start of the year and those defeats came against the two best sides in the country – Manchester City and Liverpool.
Arsenal were the favourites to finish in the top four in many people’s eyes but the result yesterday makes things a bit more difficult than it would’ve been had they picked up all three points.
Fans of the Emirates Stadium club usually go into a meltdown after a defeat like last night’s but it looks like things have changed now.
Arsenal fans sing Mikel Arteta’s name even after going 3-0 down
Selhurst Park is up there with one of the best stadiums in the country thanks to the atmosphere their fans create.
It really is a difficult place for visiting sides to get a result and the Gunners found that out the hard way last night.
However, Arsenal fans remained in high spirits even after their side were 3-0 down, and they continued to sing in support of their manager, who really has struck a brilliant connection with supporters over the last few months.
Watch the video below!
It wasn’t long ago that Mikel Arteta was told by a section of Arsenal fans to leave the club while he was on his way out of the Emirates after a defeat. Many people just wanted him gone, but things really have changed now.
Arsenal fans are slowly turning the Emirates into a very difficult stadium for visiting teams, and the atmosphere has been absolutely electric in many of the games over the last few months.
The Gunners’ away support has always been good as well, but to see what the fans did after a terrible performance last night should fill Arteta and the entire squad with a ton of confidence.
Arsenal take on Brighton and Hove Albion next and if recent months are anything to go by, the Emirates will be rocking.
- ‘Not so many’: Gary Neville mocks Arsenal fans with nine-word tweet after defeat against Palace last night
You may also like…
- ‘I think it would work’: Paul Merson questions Arteta’s use of ‘fabulous’ Arsenal player…after just one PL game
- ‘All does not seem well’: Chris Sutton predicts result of Arsenal v Leicester clash
- ‘Of course I like him’: Gennaro Gattuso a big fan of ‘incredible’ £26m star Arsenal reportedly want
- ‘We are trying him’: Arteta has just said one of his new signings has played four positions in training already