Report: Arsenal's medical staff confirm exactly when they think Tomiyasu will return to training
Arsenal have released a medical update and it looks like there’s some good news regarding Takehiro Tomiyasu’s injury.
The Gunners have had a torrid week so far having lost two players. Kieran Tierney damaged his knee on international duty and the report reveals that his season is very likely over.
Thomas Partey is another player who picked up an injury and that’s not looking good either. It’s the same problem he suffered from earlier in the season and that could keep him out for a while as well.
That’s two terrible bits of news for Arsenal fans, but there’s something positive – Tomiyasu’s set to return soon.
Takehiro Tomiyasu will return to Arsenal training in 11 days
Tomiyasu has had a torrid 2022 so far.
The Japan international has played just once in the Premier League this year – that was on New Year’s Day against Manchester City at the Emirates.
That has made life difficult for the Gunners, but Arsenal’s medical staff have revealed that Tomiyasu is set to return to full first-team training after the game against Southampton on the 16th of this month, which is 11 days away.
That means Tomiyasu could be available for the big games against Chelsea and Manchester United later this month, which would be a huge boost.
- ‘Not so many’: Gary Neville mocks Arsenal fans with nine-word tweet after defeat against Palace last night
Cedric Soares has filled in right-back for Arsenal during Tomiyasu’s injury and to be fair to the Portugal international, he has done very well.
However, Tomiyasu is on a completely different level to Cedric and his presence makes Arsenal considerably stronger on that right side.
Losing Tierney and Partey for the foreseeable future is a massive blow for the Gunners, but Tomiyasu’s return should be viewed as a huge positive. The race for the Champions League spots is heating up and Arsenal fans will be hoping that the ex-Bologna man will help them get over the line.
- ‘Earn the right’: Arteta delivers brutally honest verdict on Arsenal’s ‘unacceptable’ performance last night
You may also like…
- ‘I think it would work’: Paul Merson questions Arteta’s use of ‘fabulous’ Arsenal player…after just one PL game
- ‘All does not seem well’: Chris Sutton predicts result of Arsenal v Leicester clash
- ‘Of course I like him’: Gennaro Gattuso a big fan of ‘incredible’ £26m star Arsenal reportedly want
- ‘We are trying him’: Arteta has just said one of his new signings has played four positions in training already