'Very fast': Mo Salah says there are two defenders at Liverpool who are almost as quick as him
Liverpool star Mo Salah spoke to GQ this week, answering questions fans have about him on the internet.
The Egyptian is undoubtedly the best player in the world at the moment. He is in the form of his life having scored 23 goals and provided nine assists already in just 26 appearances. That is an incredible record.
Unlike many players who lose their speed as they focus on staying in around the goal, Salah is still rapid. He is one of the fastest players in the world, but is he the quickest at Liverpool?
The Egyptian certainly thinks he is but has named three of his teammates who are also up there with the quickest at the club.
- ‘Him and Partey in the middle’: Arsenal told to buy ‘top’ Liverpool target, he’d explode under Arteta
Mo Salah: Van Dijk and Joe Gomez are ‘very fast’ but I’m the fastest
Answering a question on Quora in the GQ video about his speed, Salah backed himself to be the quickest.
When the host asked if he was the fastest at Liverpool, he named Sadio Mane, Virgil van Dijk and Joe Gomez as contenders, but ended up picking himself as the king of pace.
He said: “I just feel I’m fast and I try to use that in the game.
“When there is a ball in space, I’m the fastest. Virgil is very fast, Sadio is fast, Joe Gomez is very fast but I’m always choosing myself.”
If Salah says he’s the fastest, we agree with him. Everything the Egyptian has touched this season has turned to gold.
His pace is not just limited to his runs down the right flank, they’re rapid in the scoring charts as well.
If he carries on at this rate, Salah will end the season with around 50 goals for club and country. That is an outrageous return for any player and it will take something special for a rival to pip him for the Ballon d’Or this year.
Liverpool fans will be hoping that Salah will pen a new deal and stay at the club beyond the end of the season. Losing him would be a monumental blow, especially after how well he has fared this season.
- Report: ‘Spectacular’ Liverpool target actually has £63m release-clause; Reds could swoop at any time
You may also like…
- Report: Newcastle will have to make 30-year-old their second most expensive signing ever if they’re to get him to SJP
- Arsenal would love to sign ‘fantastic’ £60m PL talisman – journalist
- Bellerin issues his verdict on form of Tomiyasu since Arsenal move
- Crook says Newcastle have now agreed personal terms with 27-year-old