Report: Tottenham now want to sign £11m Leeds star after Andrea Pirlo tells Paratici that he's brilliant
According to a report from The Telegraph, Tottenham Hotspur are interested in signing Leeds United star Jack Harrison this summer.
The now-25-year-old has been at Elland Road since 2018. He was initially on loan from Premier League champions Manchester City, and that move was made permanent for £11 million before the start of this season. (BBC)
Harrison has been a regular for Leeds and is one of their most important players. He has played 30 times already this season and has directly been involved in nine goals, which is not a bad return considering the Whites’ struggles this term.
Spurs, surprisingly, want to sign him in the upcoming summer transfer window.
- ‘Outstanding’: Marsch says he’s now realised Leeds have an ‘incredible’ player after working with him
Tottenham want to sign Leeds United star Jack Harrison
The report claims that Tottenham actually tried to sign Harrison from Leeds in the January transfer window.
Spurs made an enquiry, but Victor Orta made it absolutely clear to them that their star winger was going nowhere.
Tottenham still retain an interest in Harrison. It has been claimed that Conte sees him as a great option in attack as well as at left wing-back. The interest is genuine and it could result in a bid this summer.
It will be interesting to see if Leeds will entertain an offer for Harrison before the start of next season.
Recommended by Andrea Pirlo
If legendary Italian Andrea Pirlo tells you that a player is good, you should start taking notes. That’s exactly what Spurs chief Fabio Paratici has done.
The report claims that Pirlo, who was a teammate of Harrison at New York City, alerted Paratici about the winger’s brilliant quality when they were both working together at Juventus.
Paratici has remembered that and is now set to do everything he possibly can to get Jack Harrison away from Elland Road and into the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium this summer.
- ‘He was incredible’: Marsch says one Leeds player blew him away in practice match they had this week
You may also like…
- ‘Agent is in London today’: Romano says talks have just taken place over £110k-a-week Arsenal man’s exit
- ‘He’s a very good player’: Dejan Kulusevski says there’s a 22-year-old youngster at Tottenham Hotspur who he really rates
- Report: West Ham and Everton have registered in Hudson-Odoi
- Report: Arsenal make bid to sign record-breaking attacking talent, club are now considering selling him