Report: Newcastle about to push to sign side's 'incredible' player, despite them saying he's not for sale
Sesko would satisfy Howe’s need for a centre-forward, and has started all three of Salzburg’s league games this season.
The report suggests that Newcastle inquired about Sesko earlier in the window, but were told by Salzburg he wasn’t for sale.
However, the 19-year-old Slovenian international – who has also attracted interest from Manchester United and Chelsea – could now be available for the right price and Newcastle have not been put off by Salzburg’s initial rejection.
The Northern Echo believe the Austrian side are likely to demand around £42m for the ‘incredible’ Sesko, but Newcastle are only willing to make an initial £25m offer with potential add-ons.
Fabrizio Romano reports that Salzburg would be willing to sell the player this summer, but only if they can keep him for one more season.
Newcastle want to sign Sesko
Newcastle have been trying to sign a striker to add to their squad all summer, without success.
There was also interest in bringing in Chelsea forward Armando Broja on loan, however Chelsea demanded that the Albanian would be first choice at St. James Park.
Bringing in a striker before the window shuts is clearly a priority for Newcastle, but Callum Wilson opening his account against Nottingham Forest on Saturday will ease those worries slightly.
The England international scored from one of his four shots, although only managed to complete five passes before being replaced by Chris Wood in the final moments of the game.
You may also like…
- ‘There’s an example’: Gary Neville claims Trent can learn everything he needs from another current Liverpool star
- ‘Man of the match for me’: Matt Upson says Arsenal had a ‘rock’ who outshone Xhaka against Spurs
- Matt Kilgallon reacts to Junior Firpo’s display in Leeds draw with Villa
- Antonio Conte will now surely give ‘unbelievable’ Tottenham talent chance after what happened in North London Derby – TBR View