Report: Leeds now want to sign seven-goal Chelsea ace who has 'great technical ability'
According to TeamTalk, Leeds United have joined Everton, Wolves and Southampton to sign Chelsea striker Armando Broja in the summer.
The Albanian is currently on loan at Southampton and he has impressed everybody there. The 20-year-old has scored seven goals in all competitions already, and his performances are attracting a ton of interest.
Broja has over four years left on his Chelsea contract. He has come through the ranks at Cobham and like everyone else who has made their way up through the academy, he’d love nothing more than to represent the Blues.
However, Thomas Tuchel currently has Romelu Lukaku, Timo Werner and Kai Havertz at his disposal. Even if one of them leaves the club, Chelsea will spend big on the transfer market to replace them, which isn’t ideal for Broja. As a result, he may move on in the summer.
- Report: Leeds understood to know everything about ‘brilliant’ £20m attacker Newcastle are expected to bid for
Leeds and three other PL clubs want Armando Broja
It is no secret that Southampton want to keep hold of the Chelsea youngster beyond the end of his current loan spell. Broja fits Ralph Hasenhuttl’s style of play and he would be a great long-term option for them as well.
However, Leeds United, Everton and Wolves are all set to move in for him if he becomes available, claims the report.
Leeds have struggled in attack this season due to Patrick Bamford’s injury woes. The Whites don’t want to be in that position ever again, which is why they are really keen to get Broja in if an opportunity arises at the end of this season.
He has great technical ability
Broja’s performances at Southampton this season has earned him rave reviews from a number of people, including Saints skipper James Ward-Prowse.
The Englishman told the club’s website about the Chelsea youngster last month: “I think he had a bit of a slow start but week by week he’s gradually grown I think as a person. He’s very confident around the place which is great,” said Prowse about his junior teammate.
“He’s a young guy. We’ve got a few really young lads playing together tonight which is great to see and he led the line well. He’s a good physical presence, he can run in behind, hold the ball up, he’s got great technical ability and took his goal really well.”
If Leeds can convince Chelsea to let him go, he would be a fantastic signing.
- ‘No’: Bielsa responds when asked if Leeds would’ve been better off with star on the pitch late on vs Newcastle
You may also like…
- Video: Sadio Mane mocks Jurgen Klopp at full-time as Liverpool see off Chelsea
- ‘He is brilliant’: Timo Werner says he wishes Chelsea had signed ‘incredible’ Liverpool man before Klopp did
- Report: Liverpool want to sign attacking ‘revelation’ this summer ahead of Chelsea
- ‘Leeds has everything’: Thomas Tuchel’s Chelsea warning ahead of crucial Elland Road clash