Report: Newcastle aren't just trying to sign Lingard, Howe wants his 'absolutely brilliant' compatriot too
According to TalkSport, Newcastle United aren’t just interested in signing Manchester United star Jesse Lingard, they want to bring in Dele Alli from Tottenham Hotspur as well.
It is no secret at this point that the Magpies are looking to sign an attack-minded midfielder. Lingard is one of the best options available out there, while Alli, if he can find his feet again, would be fine addition too.
Both players, who are surplus to requirement at their respective clubs, have been linked with a move to St James’ Park. Reports led us to believe that Newcastle are trying to sign one or the other in this window.
However, the new report claims that Eddie Howe wants both of them.
- Report: Newcastle have made ‘big pitch’ to try and get ‘sensational’ player to SJP, but he’s still turned them down
Newcastle want both Jesse Lingard and Dele Alli
The report claims that the Magpies are closing in on a move to sign Lingard from Manchester United. Newcastle are ready to pay the £3.5 million loan fee that Ralf Rangnick’s side are looking for, and Howe feels the Englishman will help them in their fight against the drop.
To add more firepower, the report claims that Newcastle are pushing to sign Lingard’s compatriot and international teammate Alli as well before the window shuts in six days time.
It has been claimed that the Toon have opened talks with Tottenham about a loan deal and convincing the player shouldn’t really be difficult thanks to the club’s relationship with his agents.
Alli is represented by the same agency as Chris Wood and Kieran Trippier, both of whom joined Newcastle earlier in this month’s transfer window.
- Report: Newcastle twist with Magpies now ‘one step away’ from £16.8m deal; move was written off on Monday
Newcastle aren’t messing around, are they?
Lingard would be a sensational signing on his own, but bringing in Alli too, who has shown he has the talent to thrive in the Premier League, would be a great bit of business.
Alli hasn’t looked anything like his previous self but well know that he has it in him to become a top-quality player. Things just aren’t working for him at Tottenham, but a move to Newcastle could well turn things around for the 25-year-old, who was once labelled as ‘absolutely brilliant‘ by Terry McDermott.
It will be interesting to see if Newcastle can pull off both deals. If they do, their chances of survival will increase considerably.
- Report: Newcastle ready to offer ‘stunning’ player £150k-a-week as Magpies expect fresh bid to be accepted
You may also like…
- ‘I won’t be’: ‘Legendary’ manager suggests he’s not going to be taking the Tottenham job now
- ‘All day long’: Kevin Campbell says ‘fast’ player would be better than Jude Bellingham for Arsenal
- Director suggests manager is heading to a PL club, there’s claims Tottenham want him
- ‘Exceptional’ Tottenham target decides he doesn’t want to leave this summer