Paul Merson says Arsenal star Gabriel Jesus is already a 'game changer'
The Gunners have had a good transfer window so far. Marquinhos, Matt Turner, Fabio Vieira and Oleksandr Zinchenko, have all come in, but the marquee signing has to be Jesus, who joined the club for £45 million. (The Guardian)
The Brazilian has played three times for the Gunners so far in their pre-season. He scored a brace against FC Nurnberg, scored and picked up an assist against Everton, and assisted Eddie Nketiah against Orlando City earlier this week.
Jesus is really proving to be a sensational signing for Arsenal, and Merson, like Gunners supporters, is really impressed by how good he has been so far.
- ‘He’s an animal’: Gabriel Jesus already blown away by Arsenal player’s work-rate, says he ‘never gets tired’
Paul Merson says Arsenal star Gabriel Jesus is a real game changer
The pundit wrote: “It’s still early in pre-season but Gabriel Jesus has been the game changer already.
“He scores goals. He makes things happen. That’s what he’s in the team for.
“I know it’s only pre-season but you want him to settle quickly. It’s a different level of game coming up, against Chelsea this weekend.
“I’m going to that game. But the heat is so stifling here it could be like a testimonial. I wouldn’t expect too much. It won’t be like a Premier League game, all blood and thunder.
“So, we won’t be able to draw too many conclusions.”
- Report: Ancelotti was dreaming of signing ‘incredible’ Arsenal player for Real Madrid, he absolutely loves him
Jesus could start against Chelsea tonight
Arsenal take on Chelsea in a very late game tonight (01:00 am UK time). This will be the Gunners’ final game of their United States tour, and they’d love nothing more than to finish off with a win.
Mikel Arteta only brought on Jesus at half-time against Orlando City earlier this week, which suggests that the Gunners boss will hand the Brazilian a start against the Blues tonight.
Jesus’ performances against Nurnberg, Everton and Orlando City were all magnificent, but the game against Chelsea, who finished third last season, will surely be his toughest test in an Arsenal shirt yet.
Irrespective of how he fares tonight, Arsenal fans should be really excited about Jesus, who really is a phenomenal player.
- ‘I don’t know why’: Gabriel Jesus really didn’t like what Everton’s £25m man did to him during latest friendly
You may also like…
- ‘Definitely one to watch’: Journalist says Arsenal interest in ‘magnificent’ £42m winger is growing
- Paul Merson says Arsenal youngster Martinelli is a ‘superstar in the making’
- Report: Albert Sambi Lokonga is no longer a part of Arsenal boss Arteta’s plans
- ‘Top of the list’: Fabrizio Romano names the midfielder Arsenal want more than anyone else