Kalvin Phillips says he'll be upset if Leeds players kick him out of the group chat
Kalvin Phillips has urged Leeds United players to not kick him out of the group chat following his move to Manchester City this summer.
The Englishman has been a fan favourite at Elland Road for years now. The fans absolutely adore him, and even though he has just left the club, his love for Leeds United is known to everyone.
Kalvin Phillips urges Leeds United players to not kick him out of the group chat
Every club these days has a players-only group chat on Whatsapp or Instagram, and it’s no different at Elland Road.
Phillips revealed today that he’s still a part of the Leeds chat, even though it’s been over two weeks since he completed his £42 million (The Athletic) move to Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City.
The Englishman made it very clear that he’d be upset if he was kicked out of the chat in the coming weeks.
Phillips told Sky Sports: “The day that I get kicked out, I’ll be quite upset. I’m one of the admins but obviously, Liam Cooper is the captain and the admin as well.
“I’ve just got so many friends there and it’s the players’ chat so not much goes in there about training and games and stuff. I’m very happy to still be in that one.”
- Kalvin Phillips takes to Instagram to hail ‘perfect’ Leeds-linked PL star who’s becoming a free agent soon
Big shoes to fill
Phillips is truly a magnificent midfielder.
The Englishman has arguably been Leeds’ best player since their return to the Premier League, and his departure leaves a huge void in the middle of their park.
Jesse Marsch has brought in Tyler Adams and Marc Roca, and they’re both quality players. However, neither of them are quite on Phillips’ level, which is a worry going into the new season.
Leeds have taken a huge gamble by selling both Raphinha and Phillips in the same window. It will be interesting to see how they’ll fare without them.
- One Leeds player was in tears applauding fans after final Elland Road clash this season – journalist
You may also like…
- Argentina manager makes big call over whether Tottenham star Cristian Romero starts tonight – journalist
- ‘Ridiculously good’: Alan Shearer left stunned by what 29-year-old Tottenham player has done at the World Cup
- Jordi Cryuff says Barcelona have been tracking £30m player Arsenal reportedly want to sign for over a year now
- Gary Neville shares whether he thinks Bukayo Saka should be starting England’s next World Cup game now