Edu posts 16-word message on Instagram right after Arsenal's draw with Liverpool last night
Nobody really expected Arsenal to get anything away from the game against Liverpool at Anfield last night, especially after Granit Xhaka got himself sent off.
Playing with 11 men against the Reds in their own backyard is hard enough, but for Arsenal to keep them quiet throughout the game despite being a man down for about 70 minutes showed just how much they have improved under Mikel Arteta.
The Arsenal boss decided to switch to a back-three right after Xhaka left the pitch. Rob Holding slotted in between Ben White and Gabriel Magalhaes, and the trio looked like they’ve been playing together in that formation for years.
Arteta would’ve loved a win, but a 0-0 draw with 10 men is a fantastic result for the Gunners.
Edu reacts on Instagram as Arsenal draw 0-0 with Liverpool at Anfield
We’re 14 days into the January transfer window and Edu has been a busy man.
The Arsenal technical director hasn’t completed a signing yet, but reports have led us to believe that he is working really hard on two deals, but that didn’t stop him from watching the game last night.
Like most Arsenal fans, the Brazilian was really impressed and proud of the way the players played. He even sent a message of appreciation to the away fans, who were magnificent as well.
“This is the way,” he wrote on Instagram at the end, highlighting that Arsenal are going in the right direction.
- ‘Different gravy’, ‘Best player on the pitch’: Some Arsenal fans blown away by star’s display vs Liverpool
What next for the Gunners?
Last night’s game at Anfield was a very difficult one for the Gunners, but it doesn’t get any easier.
Arteta’s men travel to the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for the North London derby on Sunday before hosting Liverpool in the second leg of the Carabao Cup semi-final.
Wins in both fixtures would really boost Arsenal’s chances of success this season. If they defend as well as they did last night, they should be able to come away with positive results against both sides.
Edu was certainly a happy man yesterday, but it’s now time for him to deliver a few new signings to help Arteta and Arsenal out.
- Report: 25-year-old only willing to leave club for Arsenal after Arteta intervenes; talks to soon come to life
You may also like…
- ‘He’s one the club might turn to’: Downie claims Newcastle could swoop for ‘extraordinary’ PL player
- Report: Tottenham are now trying to sign eight-goal star who ‘was and still is an Arsenal fan’
- Report: Arsenal have now asked about ‘excellent’ £33m forward after Vlahovic snub
- 2021 Bruce signing could convince absolutely ‘incredible’ player to join Newcastle by Monday – TBR View