2021 Bruce signing could convince absolutely 'incredible' player to join Newcastle by Monday - TBR View
The Telegraph revealed yesterday that Newcastle United are trying to sign Arsenal striker Eddie Nketiah before the window shuts on Monday.
The Magpies, despite signing Chris Wood from Burnley, are still on the lookout for a new striker. Eddie Howe’s side have been linked with a whole host of names already, but Nketiah could well be the easiest deal to complete.
The Englishman has entered the final six months of his contract. He will be a free agent in the summer, which means that Arsenal only have a couple of days to make some money off his sale.
Newcastle could well get a deal over the line soon and ex-Arsenal man Joe Willock could play a big part.
Joe Willock once said he’ll recommend Newcastle United to Eddie Nketiah
Willock initially joined Newcastle on loan in January last year and he became a huge hit.
He was one of the biggest reasons why the Magpies stayed up last season and Steve Bruce forked out £25 million to sign him on a permanent deal five months ago. (Sky Sports)
Right after the Englishman’s move was made official, Willock was asked by BBC Newcastle to help the club sign fellow Hale End graduates Eddie Nketiah and Reiss Nelson as well.
The 22-year-old responded by saying, as quoted by Arsenal Insider: “I don’t know, I don’t know their situation. Eddie is one of my best friends, so I’ll definitely put in a good word!”
- Report: Club now willing to sell ‘incredible’ £50m Tottenham and Newcastle target just days before window shuts
Nketiah, labelled as ‘incredible’ by Mikel Arteta, would be a really good signing for Newcastle United.
The young Englishman has always been a regular goalscorer for Arsenal and England at youth level. He certainly has the quality to be a threat in front of goal, but he has never quite been given regular opportunities.
That is why Nketiah has refused to sign a new deal at Arsenal and he wants out.
A move to Newcastle would be fantastic for him. He could potentially have as big an impact as Willock did last season, and the ex-Arsenal man could play a big part in convincing Nketiah to make the move to St James’ Park before Monday’s deadline.
- ‘Been mentioned to me’: Journalist claims Howe could swoop for 37-cap defender Shearer called ‘heroic’
You may also like…
- ‘I started studying’: ‘Complete’ player says he’s now learning English, after Arsenal links
- Report: Manager will let his ‘incredible’ £51.5m star join Arsenal
- ‘The new Luis Suarez’ says he knows Spurs want to sign him, he’s already rejected Arsenal
- ‘I talked to him on the phone on Monday’: Arsenal player is feeling ‘disappointed’, says his advisor