Youri Tielemans is 'fed up' of waiting as Arsenal still haven't made a move to sign him - journalist
The Gunners have been heavily linked with a move to sign the Belgian midfielder for months now. He was reported to be Mikel Arteta’s priority transfer target but that doesn’t seem to be the case.
Despite all the links, Arsenal haven’t tabled an official bid to sign Tielemans yet. The Belgian has entered the final year of his contract and it’s looking increasingly likely that he will stay at the King Power beyond the end of the window.
That has apparently annoyed Tielemans, who is tired of waiting for an interested club like Arsenal to bid for him.
- Report: Arsenal already considering move for ‘incredible’ player next summer; personal terms are in place
Arsenal target Youri Tielemans is ‘fed up of waiting’
Speaking on GiveMeSport, Jones said: “I think Tielemans has got a bit fed up of waiting for this.
“It’s been a long time we’ve been talking about him going to Arsenal or Manchester United, but the situation is still the same and nobody has actually knocked on the door with an offer.
“We know that Arsenal have a genuine interest and they’ve got all of the background work done on him.
“They’ve even got their proposed terms set up for if they were to go ahead with this one.”
If Tielemans really is annoyed, we don’t blame him.
The Belgian was expected by many to be among the first players to be on the move this summer. He’s an ‘incredible‘ midfielder, and he really would improve almost every team in the country.
However, in what really is a shock, Tielemans hasn’t had any offers on the table that we know of. He has every right to be disappointed, but there’s still a few weeks left in the window and anything’s possible.
Arsenal definitely are interested, but whether that will transform into a bid in the coming weeks remains to be seen.
You may also like…
- Liverpool and Chelsea want to sign Ismael Bennacer, five years after Arsenal sold him for £900,000
- Report: Arsenal planning mega-money swoop for talent who is already ‘like a veteran’
- Report: Arsenal now sending scouts to watch one-time Spurs top target, likened to Emile Smith Rowe
- Report: Arsenal now want £66m player who is ‘similar to Haaland’, Arteta’s a huge fan