'Should've signed him': Some Spurs fans praise £14m star's display today
Spurs were linked with Odsonne Edouard during the summer transfer window.
However, Spurs didn’t make a late swoop, and Crystal Palace ended up winning the race for the 23-year-old.
They reportedly paid Celtic a fee of £14million which could rise to £18.5million with add-ons.
And on Saturday, Tottenham’s decision not to move for Edouard came back to haunt them big time.
Nuno Espirito Santo’s charges were second best for much of the Premier League trip to Selhurst Park.
In addition, Spurs went down to ten men just before the hour mark as Japhet Tanganga picked up two yellows.
Palace then took the lead on 76 minutes via Wilfried Zaha’s penalty.
However, Tottenham remained just one goal down going into the latter stages of the game.
But then, Edouard came on in the 84th minute, and come full time, he had netted twice to hand the north Londoners a 3-0 defeat.
Needless to say, some Spurs fans are gutted over what could’ve been:
Why didn’t we get edouard?— Jack 🇦🇺 ➐ (@thfc_diajack) September 11, 2021
Just a reminder Palace paid around 14/15mil for Edouard… absolute steal💀— Ben 🐓 (@BenjjTHFC) September 11, 2021
should have signed him as a back up striker but so many spurs complained he had attitude problems and wouldn’t be happy to sit in the bench… he looked happy today— ley (@leylayahioglu) September 11, 2021
No excuses. Palace by far the better team. #Spurs worst performance in a long time. No creativity anywhere, Kane not interested. Wrong team selection by Nuno. Chelsea next week could be brutal. By the way Levy Edouard was only £13m but we don’t need another forward. #THFC #COYS https://t.co/WznvVgdVYx— John Hueston (@johnrhueston) September 11, 2021
Two thoughts from that absolute shambles of a #thfc game:— Adam Wagner (@AdamWagner1990) September 11, 2021
1) Not buying Edouard cheap this summer is going to go down as a huge missed opportunity.
2) That dreadful midfield was screaming for Tanguay or someone like him. Tanguay needs to play.
Today proves why I wanted Edouard at Tottenham ffs— Cameron 🇯🇲 (@thfc_cameron) September 11, 2021
You may also like…
- Dermot Gallagher thinks Ben White was lucky not to give a penalty away for Harry Kane challenge
- Report: Tottenham not considering Nuno Santo future just yet
- Jude Bellingham delivers Instagram verdict on £30m Arsenal star’s display in NLD
- Alasdair Gold discusses reports that Tottenham could sack Nuno, if Spurs suffer defeat to Villa