Report: Arsenal now lining up move for 'unstoppable' £50m forward who's banged in 16 goals this season
According to German outlet Sport1, Arsenal, Newcastle and Manchester United are all battling to sign Bayer Leverkusen star Moussa Diaby this summer.
The Gunners are hoping to finish in one of the Champions League places at the end of this season and despite their defeat to Liverpool earlier this week, they are still the favourites to get there.
Newcastle, on the other hand, have improved massively under Eddie Howe and although they suffered a loss to Everton last night, they should be able to avoid relegation this term.
Both clubs will look to strengthen their squad with big signings in the summer and talented Frenchman Diaby is on their respective wish lists.
Arsenal and Newcastle want Moussa Diaby
Diaby, still only 22, is one of the most impressive young players in the Bundesliga at the moment.
In 32 appearances in the German top-flight and Europe League this season, the youngster has scored 16 goals and has provided nine assists. That is an incredible return for someone so young and it’s only a matter of time before he makes the jump to a bigger club.
The report claims that Arsenal, Newcastle and Manchester United are all interested in Diaby. It has also been claimed that Frenchman dreams of playing in the Premier League and a move to England this summer is very possible.
Leverkusen would love to keep hold of their star man but the report has revealed that the Germans are ready to let Diaby join Arsenal, Newcastle or any of the other interested clubs if their £50.5 million valuation is met this summer.
- ‘I just heard’: Gary Neville spotted what some Arsenal fans did after full-time at the Emirates last night
The youngster is unstoppable
Back in August 2021, Diaby starred for Leverkusen in their 4-0 win against Borussia Monchengladbach in the Bundesliga. The Frenchman scored a goal and assisted another and impressed everyone.
Rheinische Post described his dribbling as ‘amazing’, his pace as ‘irresistible’ and his speed of thought for a player of his age as ‘astonishing’.
BILD further branded him as ‘unstoppable’, for his display on the day, and he has become even better since.
Diaby would be a sensational signing for both Arsenal and Newcastle, but it will be interesting to see if either club will agree to splash £50 million for him this summer.
- ‘That’s the reality’: Mikel Arteta says Arsenal fans did something he’s ‘never seen’ before during Liverpool game last night
You may also like…
- Report: ‘Exceptional’ player is now one step closer to leaving Arsenal, his agent’s coming to London this week
- Lucas Torreira posts just two words on Instagram after his Arsenal exit is confirmed
- Arsenal have held talks with AC Milan about signing Sandro Tonali – journalist
- ‘Far more good than bad’: Rio Ferdinand loves one Arsenal player and thinks Arteta will use him all season long