Report: Arsenal in talks over signing £21m player, but now face competition from league champions
ESPN report that Dutch champions Ajax are now ready to make a formal offer for the 21-year-old to bolster their midfield ranks.
Ligue 1 outfit Monaco are also showing a serious interest in Danilo, while there is also keenness from a chasing pack of clubs.
That is despite reports that Arsenal are in advanced talks to sign the Brazilian as they seek a new central midfielder and winger in the winter window.
Arsenal face competition for Danilo
Palmeiras have apparently now indicated they would be willing to accept around €24 million (£20.8 million) for their man.
Palmeiras have since softened their stance since winning the domestic title, which means Arsenal are now back sniffing around in the belief a deal can be done.
Palmeiras own 80 per cent of the player’s rights and boyhood club Cajazeiras own the other 20 per cent but there is but that could all apparently be resolved for a shade over £20 million.
Arsenal are in contact with Palmeiras but so are Monaco, while Ajax famously have an eye for a player, and tend to take them to the next level before selling them.
The Gunners have looked at Youri Tielemans and Douglas Luiz within the Premier League as they look to bolster their midfield.
But Danilo, with his age and potential, would completely fit the profile of player they have been adding to their squad in recent years.
They would hope he is more ready to step in and contribute than Albert Sambi Lokonga, who is talented but remains raw.
You may also like…
- ‘I know’: Arsenal player is really hurt by the criticism he’s had from his national press – journalist
- Arsenal star is training well with World Cup squad and he’s set for a shock starting spot
- Arsenal reportedly want £45m attacker likened to Bellingham whose club will find ‘very difficult’ to keep next month
- Arsenal now reportedly working to sign ‘exceptional’ £52m star likened to David Silva, fans should be excited – TBR View