Pundit thinks Antonio Conte will leave Tottenham immediately if Harry Kane is sold
This is probably the first transfer window in a few years in which there isn’t a lot of speculation around Kane’s future. Last year, it almost looked certain that he would leave for Manchester City, but Levy blocked that move.
It’s almost a guarantee that Kane will stay at Tottenham this summer, but Bayern Munich have been very vocal about their desire to sign him in 2023.
Conte has already hit out at Julian Nagelsmann for his comments on the England captain, and Burley now believes the Italian will walk away if Levy decides to sell Kane anytime soon.
- ‘Don’t talk’: TalkSPORT pundit left fuming after what he’s heard manager saying about 28-year-old Spurs player
Pundit thinks Antonio Conte will leave Tottenham if Harry Kane is sold
The ESPN panel discussed Bayen Munich’s comments on Harry Kane and if there’s even a possibility that this move will happen. Burley doesn’t think it will, but if it does, he feels Conte will walk away.
He said on ESPN FC, as quoted by HITC: “When Manchester City and one or two others were trying to prize Harry Kane away last year, and he made it clear, that he was up to leaving Tottenham. But Daniel Levy was steadfast. I don’t know the exact amount, but it was upward of £130 million. A lot.
“Now, that might decrease slightly with age and as time goes on. When have we known for Bayern Munich going in to launch that kind of money on one player? So, that would rule it out.
“The other side of the coin, Tottenham know that if they sell Harry Kane from under the feet of Antonio Conte, then he will be on the first flight back to Italy. He will go. The whole thing will just crumble.
“This is, in my opinion, just talk, but I don’t think Bayern Munich or Harry Kane are going anywhere.”
- ‘Really interesting’: Paul Merson thinks ‘amazing’ Tottenham player may not start every game anymore
Kane is undoubtedly Tottenham’s best player, and losing him will make them considerably weaker.
A proven winner like Conte will just not accept losing his best player, and he may well walk away if his talisman is sold without his approval.
However, Kane will enter the final year of his contract next summer and if he refuses to extend his deal, Tottenham will have to sell him to avoid losing him for free in 2024.
It will be interesting to see how this pans out, but as long as Conte’s at the helm, we can’t see Kane leaving Tottenham.
- ‘Considered him untouchable’: Romano reacts to reports title-winners now want ‘amazing’ Spurs player
You may also like…
- ‘He is pushing’: Gerrard has been impressed by one Aston Villa player throughout pre-season, he could start v Crystal Palace
- ‘He will start’: Jurgen Klopp says he’s going to pick 25-year-old Liverpool player from the off against Manchester United
- ‘I think’: Everton’s bid for ‘fantastic’ player has just been ‘laughed’ at by PL club – journalist
- ‘He texts us’: Bamford shares what Kalvin Phillips has messaged in Leeds United’s WhatsApp group before their last two games