Newcastle are really tempted to make another bid for James Maddison - journalist
Eddie Howe’s side kicked off their new Premier League season with a really impressive victory over Nottingham Forest. That’s the perfect start for the Magpies, but for them to go to the next level, they need to make a statement signing.
Sven Botman is a wonderful addition for Newcastle. He’s already a quality player, and he’ll only get better in the coming years. If Howe can bring in another incredible player – possibly someone like Maddison – the Toon could go on to have a truly sensational signing.
If Jones is to be believed, PIF, Howe and co are weighing up a move for the Leicester City star.
- ‘I’m sure’: Newcastle could make a big move for ‘sensational’ £60m star in January 2023 – journalist
Newcastle United are tempted to make another bid for Maddison
Newcastle’s interest in Maddison really does seem genuine. After seeing their £40 million bid rejected by Leicester, the Magpies went in with a £50 million offer. That was turned down too. (Sky Sports)
Now, Jones has claimed that Howe and co are really tempted to go back in with an even bigger bid to test Leicester’s resolve.
The journalist told GiveMeSport: “They’re tempted to go one more time for James Maddison. They’ve been weighing it up. The thing that they really like about James Maddison is that he’s quite flexible in what he can bring to them.
“If you look at Newcastle at the weekend, what [Miguel] Almiron and [Allan] Saint-Maximin offer, it’s just not quite there in terms of if you’re going to knock on the door of the top six. They’re just probably going to be short of the creativity needed.”
If Newacastle can sign James Maddison, they should go and sign James Maddison – it’s as simple as that.
The Magpies already have a strong team. The likes of Callum Wilson, Allan Saint-Maximin, Bruno Guimaraes, Botman and the rest are all quality players, but Maddison would truly take them to another level.
The Englishman was absolutely sensational last season. He scored 18 goals and provided 12 assists in all competitions, and after one game this campaign, he already has an assist to his name.
Leicester will do everything they can to keep hold of Maddison, but if Newcastle can lure him away from the King Power, it would be a massive statement.
- Report: Newcastle could now offer club swap-deal for ‘brilliant’ player, they’ve had two bids rejected already
You may also like…
- ‘There’s an example’: Gary Neville claims Trent can learn everything he needs from another current Liverpool star
- ‘Man of the match for me’: Matt Upson says Arsenal had a ‘rock’ who outshone Xhaka against Spurs
- Matt Kilgallon reacts to Junior Firpo’s display in Leeds draw with Villa
- Antonio Conte will now surely give ‘unbelievable’ Tottenham talent chance after what happened in North London Derby – TBR View