Journalist says West Ham have made a sudden 'U-turn' on signing Filip Kostic
The Hammers are reportedly on the verge of signing Gianluca Scamacca from Sassuolo. The Italian is among the most exciting forwards of his age, and he could really push the Irons to new heights in the coming years.
Scamacca, however, isn’t the only one West Ham are pushing to sign. They are apparently looking for a wing-back as well, and Kostic is the name that has been making the rounds over the last few days.
Jones has now claimed that West Ham never really wanted him, but something has changed, and Moyes is now very keen.
West Ham have made a sudden U-turn on signing Filip Kostic
Jones was quizzed about all the rumours linking Kostic with a move to the London Stadium this summer.
The journalist told GiveMeSport: “Yeah, the momentum around it has definitely built.
“And it’s been quite a strange one because I was told that David Moyes wanted a more defensive-minded player in that position.
“Kostic didn’t really seem to be somebody they were going to move forward to and, suddenly, there’s been a U-turn on it and it’s really moved forward.”
- ‘Talks ongoing’: West Ham now looking to do double deal and sign two players with the same agent – Romano
Masuaku made available for a transfer
West Ham currently have Aaron Cresswell and Arthur Masuaku at left-back. The former is the first-choice in that position, but the Irons are desperate to bring in someone who would be an upgrade over the 32-year-old.
Kostic, branded as ‘outstanding’, is just that player, but if he comes in, Masuaku’s chances of regular game time next season will take a huge hit.
That’s probably why Moyes is prepared to let him leave this summer. 90min claim that the Congo international has been made available for a transfer, which would be the best thing for all parties involved.
Masuaku has been at West Ham since 2016 and has played 127 times for the Hammers since.
You may also like…
- ‘He will start’: Jurgen Klopp says he’s going to pick 25-year-old Liverpool player from the off against Manchester United
- ‘I think’: Everton’s bid for ‘fantastic’ player has just been ‘laughed’ at by PL club – journalist
- ‘He texts us’: Bamford shares what Kalvin Phillips has messaged in Leeds United’s WhatsApp group before their last two games
- West Ham’s Conor Coventry shares what Viborg coach came up and said to him at full-time last night