Jose Enrique predicts a 'big season' for Harvey Elliott at Liverpool
Exactly three years ago yesterday, the Reds signed the London-born Englishman from Fulham. Jurgen Klopp’s side were told to pay an initial fee of £1.2 million, which could go up to as high as £4.3 million. (The Guardian)
Now 19, Elliott is hoping to have a fine campaign for Liverpool after everything he has been through over the last 12 months.
Enrique, a Reds player back in the day and still a massive Liverpool fan, is certain this will be a ‘big season’ for the youngster.
Jose Enrique predicts a ‘big season’ for Harvey Elliott at Liverpool
Despite joining Liverpool three years ago, Elliott has only played 20 times for the club in all competitions. One of the biggest reasons for that is the horrific injury he suffered last year.
Elliott missed 140 days of football due to a very serious ankle injury, and many feared if he’d even recover.
Thankfully, the youngster is fully fit now. He even impressed at times in the back end of last season, and Enrique is now confident that the teenager will be a star in the 2022/23 campaign.
Enrique wrote on his Instagram Story yesterday: “Incredible signing back then and I really expect this season to be a big season for him.”
Elliot has been around for a while now, but it is very important for Liverpool fans to remember that he’s still just 19.
The teenager is a fantastic talent. He can play on the right flank and also in central midfield, and he really does have the potential to reach the very top in the coming years.
Elliott will definitely not be a regular starter in the Premier League next season, but he can expect considerable game time, especially as the five-substitutes rule is set to kick in at the start of the campaign.
Liverpool take on Manchester City in the Community Shield tomorrow, and it will be interesting to see if Elliott will play a part.
- ‘FULL OF ENERGY’, ‘PUT SALZBURG ON THE BACK FOOT’: MEDIA WOWED BY LIVERPOOL TEENAGER’S DISPLAY TONIGHT
You may also like…
- ‘He will start’: Jurgen Klopp says he’s going to pick 25-year-old Liverpool player from the off against Manchester United
- ‘I think’: Everton’s bid for ‘fantastic’ player has just been ‘laughed’ at by PL club – journalist
- ‘He texts us’: Bamford shares what Kalvin Phillips has messaged in Leeds United’s WhatsApp group before their last two games
- West Ham’s Conor Coventry shares what Viborg coach came up and said to him at full-time last night