'I’ve been saying': Italian agent says £62.8m striker would've picked to join Tottenham if Conte wanted him
Italian agent Furio Valcareggi has claimed that Dusan Vlahovic would’ve joined Tottenham Hotspur if Antonio Conte wanted him.
Spurs had been linked with a move for the Serbian since last summer. Conte’s arrival made that transfer even more likely, but Juventus swooped in ahead of them to sign him for an eye-watering £62.8 million. (Sky Sports)
Vlahovic was wanted by a number of clubs across Europe, including Tottenham’s North London rivals Arsenal. However, Valcareggi, who is an Italian agent but does not represent Vlahovic, has revealed he rejected everyone because he only wanted Juventus.
But, he thinks Vlahovic would’ve been swayed if Conte had asked him to join Spurs this month.
- Report: Tottenham offered ‘fantastic’ £70,000-a-week a star in swap deal for Amrabat but Fiorentina declined
Dusan Vlahovic would’ve joined Tottenham if Conte wanted him
“What surprised me is the speed of it.
“Vlahovic said no to everyone because he already had an agreement with Juventus.
“Only if Conte had wanted him at Tottenham would something have changed, and he could have not gone to Juventus.”
Tottenham fans have been hoping for a statement signing since the start of this window and Vlahovic would’ve been just that.
The Serbian is arguably the best young striker in world football apart from Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappe. He has been lethal in the Serie A since the start of last season and everybody who has watched him is convinced that he will go on to become a top player.
It’s not that Conte didn’t want to sign Vlahovic in this window, it’s probably just the case of Tottenham not having the funds to pull this deal off this month.
That opened the door for Juve, who wrapped up this deal fairly quickly, and they now have a fantastic player up top.
You may also like…
- ‘Best period of his career’: Harry Kane is full of praise for Tottenham Hotspur man Antonio Conte is getting the best out of
- Report: Atletico Madrid interested in Aston Villa goalkeeper Emi Martinez
- Report: Newcastle considering £15m Youri Tielemans move in January
- ‘Very promising’: Alasdair Gold names the Tottenham Hotspur signing he thinks has had the best start to life at Spurs