'I want to play': 20-year-old says he wants to stay at Tottenham, even though Conte has never spoken to him
Troy Parrott has claimed that his dream is to succeed as a Tottenham Hotspur player, even though his future is up in the air.
The 20-year-old is currently out on loan at MK Dons. He has played 44 times for the club in all competitions this season and has directly been involved in 16 goals, which is not a bad return for someone of his age.
Parrott is expected to return to Hotspur Way this summer but it doesn’t look like there’s a place for him at the club anymore. The Athletic revealed last month that Spurs haven’t even mentioned his name in internal meetings about the future of the club.
However, Parrott’s still determined to make it at Tottenham, a team he absolutely adores.
- ‘He’s also one’: Troy Parrott now makes claim about Dele Alli in Tottenham training when he was there
Troy Parrott: My dream is to play for Tottenham
Speaking about his future as a Tottenham player, the youngster told The Athletic today: “Japh (Tanganga) and I went on our first pre-season tour together (in 2019) and he kicked on from there.
“My path’s gone a little bit differently, but I think the end goal for both of us is the same. Obviously, it motivates me to keep going and keep doing the best I can do to get back there.
“I’ve had the dream of playing for Spurs since I was 14 and I first started going over there.
“I’ve always said that I want to play there, I want to play in that team. Nothing’s changed at this point. That’s still the goal.”
- ‘I’m still shaking’: Tottenham’s Parrott left trembling after what happened during international game
Conte hasn’t said a word to him yet
It has been revealed that Spurs boss Antonio Conte hasn’t once spoken to Parrott since he was appointed as the Tottenham manager back in November last year.
It has also been claimed that the youngster hasn’t even been discussed by the club in meetings about their future plans, which isn’t good news.
Parrott’s current contract expires at the end of next season but Spurs have an option to extend that by another year. It has been revealed that they’ll trigger that this summer, just so that they can protect his value.
It will be interesting to see if Parrott will be given a chance to impress Conte in pre-season this summer. If he can, the youngster could well have a future at Spurs, but it has to be said that things don’t look great for him right now.
You may also like…
- ‘In these last few hours’: Italian journalist has just shared transfer update on Bastoni amid Spurs links
- Report: Liverpool could ‘try their luck again’ to get ‘extraordinary’ player to Anfield after CL final tonight
- ‘Unless it’s big, big money’: Journalist claims Leeds will play hardball over ‘unbelievable’ 25-year-old
- Romano tweets Perisic to Tottenham ‘here we go’ and shares when medical could take place