'Here we go': Fabrizio Romano says Leeds target Charles de Ketelaere is about to join AC Milan
Jesse Marsch has been keen to strengthen his side’s attack after Raphinha left the club to join Barcelona earlier this month. Leeds have been linked with a whole host of players, but none more than De Ketelaere, who was clearly their priority target.
- Report: Leeds have just missed out on signing ‘fantastic’ international player, he’s close to signing a deal elsewhere
Fabrizio Romano says Leeds target Charles de Ketelaere is about to join AC Milan
Leeds’ long pursuit of De Ketelaere is about to come to a disappointing end as Fabrizio Romano has just revealed some bad news for Whites fans.
The biggest reason why Leeds were struggling to get this deal over the line was the competition from AC Milan. The Italian giants were just as keen to sign the 21-year-old Belgian as Marsch was, and it looks like they’ve won the race.
Romano revealed that De Ketelaere is now set to join AC Milan on a five-year contract after the Serie A winners agreed a deal with Brugge. The journalist further claimed that the youngster ‘only wanted Milan,’ which suggests Leeds never really stood a chance.
“Charles de Ketelaere to AC Milan, here we go! Full agreement set to be completed with Club Brugge, after personal terms agreed weeks ago – just waiting to get the deal signed this weekend. Charles only wanted Milan move as priority – he’s gonna sign until 2027,” he tweeted just a few moments ago.
Leeds will definitely be disappointed about missing out on De Ketelaere, a player they’ve been trying to sign since the beginning of this summer’s transfer window.
The Belgian is a fine talent, and his numbers in the Jupiler Pro League prove that. He scored 18 goals and provided 10 assists in all competitions last season, and he was viewed by many as a perfect player for Marsch.
Sadly, the American will have to look elsewhere now as De Ketelaere appears to be on the verge of joining AC Milan.
It will be interesting to see who Marsch will try to sign in now instead of the talented Belgian.
- ‘I’m told’: Journalist shares what he’s heard about Sinisterra’s and Forshaw’s injury problems at Leeds
You may also like…
- ‘Dragged around’: Jamie O’Hara claims 28-year-old Tottenham player really struggled against Chelsea yesterday
- ‘I apologise’: Jamie O’Hara has just admitted he was completely wrong about ‘sensational’ Arsenal player
- Report: West Ham now could move to sign ‘unbelievable’ Italian international, who started in Euro 2020 final
- ‘Talks continue’: Club want to make £25m profit on player Mikel Arteta allowed to leave Arsenal for free – Romano