'He works so hard': Micky Hazard compares Tottenham 24-year-old to 'incredible' Ballon d'Or winner
Tottenham Hotspur got back to winning ways last night and Rodrigo Bentancur, even though he didn’t score, impressed many people.
Spurs suffered a defeat at Manchester United last weekend and it was a hard one to take as they really did play well. However, Cristiano Ronaldo decided to show the world that he’s still the king and that took the game away from Antonio Conte’s side.
The result at the weekend made Spurs’ game against Brighton yesterday a must-win. Thanks to a bizarre goal from Cristian Romero and a composed finish from Harry Kane, the North Londoners picked up a well-deserved 2-0 victory.
The goalscorers earned a ton of plaudits yesterday and rightly so. But, January signing Bentancur was brilliant as well.
Micky Hazard: Rodrigo Bentancur reminds me of ex-Tottenham star Luka Modric
Conte has not been happy with Oliver Skipp’s injury. The Italian expected the youngster to return quickly, but it has been over six weeks now and there’s no sign of him.
It has to be said that Spurs have struggled without Skipp but Bentancur has really stepped up in the youngster’s absence.
The Uruguayan has impressed since joining Tottenham from Juventus in January but his performance against Brighton last night was arguably his best so far.
Ex-Tottenham midfielder Micky Hazard was really impressed by Bentancur last night and even went on to claim that the 24-year-old reminded him of Real Madrid star Luka Modric.
- ‘I want to call our fans to do this’: Antonio Conte says there’s something Tottenham supporters simply must do
Modric spent four years as a Tottenham Hotspur player and he was fantastic. Ex-Spurs boss Harry Redknapp even branded him as ‘incredible‘ when he was at the helm, and he has gone to achieve great things in his career.
The Croatian, a Ballon d’Or winner in 2018, is still going strong at the age of 36. He is an example to all young midfielders and Rodrigo Bentancur should really look up to him.
If the Uruguayan goes on to become even half as good as Modric, he will end up as a fine player. Tottenham fans will be hoping for just that and it has to be said that the early signs are really positive.
- Report claims Arsenal are now trying to sign ‘brilliant’ Tottenham player, with Paratici open to selling him
You may also like…
- Moyes says he got ‘really lucky’ with two signings at West Ham, admits they’re not ‘super, super talented’
- ‘In the race’: Darren Bent thinks £20m Newcastle player could be about to have an absolutely brilliant season
- Ian Wright says Spurs win saw one of Emerson Royal’s best games
- Report: West Ham have now set their sights on 24-year-old Van Dijk 2.0; could cost £10m