Gabriel Magalhaes reacts on Instagram after Arsenal target Renato Sanches joins PSG
The Portugal international had been linked with numerous clubs over the last few months, but Luis Campos and Christophe Galtier made him a priority target for PSG, and they’ve now got their man for a bargain fee of just £12.5 million (Goal).
- ‘Here we go’: Romano says ‘huge’ player reportedly high up on Arteta wishlist has now gone elsewhere
Gabriel Magalhaes sends message as Arsenal target Renato Sanches joins PSG
Renato Sanches, branded as ‘amazing’, entered the final year of his contract at Lille this summer, and a number of top clubs across Europe were reportedly keen to sign him.
Reports revealed a few months ago that the Portuguese midfielder was Mikel Arteta’s priority transfer target this summer. Even Tottenham Hotspur and Newcastle United were reportedly keen to bring him in, but it’s PSG who have won the race to sign him.
After completing his move, Sanches took to Instagram and posted a couple of pictures with the caption: “This is Paris!”
Arsenal defender Gabriel, who knows Sanches very well thanks to their time together at Lille, replied saying: “Come on bro!”
- Report: ‘Amazing’ title-winner is now Arteta’s priority summer target, Arsenal can sign him for just £16m
Arsenal still need a new midfielder
Arsenal have had an excellent transfer window so far.
The Gunners have brought in Marquinhos, Fabio Vieira, Matt Turner, Gabriel Jesus and Oleksandr Zinchenko, and although two of those five players can play in central midfield, they could do with a world-class number eight.
Irrespective of what people say, Granit Xhaka is an excellent midfielder. He was one of Arsenal’s best players last season, but if someone like Youri Tielemans can be brought in, he would be an upgrade over the Switzerland international.
There are still a few weeks left in this summer’s transfer window, and it will be interesting to see who Arteta and Edu will try to bring in.
You may also like…
- ‘As of now’: Club now really want to sell ‘incredible’ star that Arsenal reportedly want this summer – Romano
- ‘Arteta wants him to slow down’: Nigel Winterburn thinks ‘incredible’ Arsenal player can be even better
- Gabriel Jesus lauds Xhaka in reaction to his performance in Arsenal win
- Micah Richards says Gabriel Jesus was sensational in Arsenal win