Fabrizio Romano says there's 'no way' Arsenal will loan out William Saliba now
Transfer guru Fabrizio Romano has just shared the latest on the future of Arsenal youngster William Saliba.
The young Frenchman joined Arsenal all the way back in 2019, but he’s yet to play a single senior game for the club. After three loan spells in his home country, Gunners fans are desperate to see Saliba get a chance at the Emirates, but rumours continue to link him with a move away.
That has raised concerns among Arsenal supporters, who just can’t understand why their club would spend £27 million on one of the best young defenders in the world just to loan him out season after season.
Romano was asked about this on the Que Golazo podcast, and the journalist rubbished the rumours immediately.
- ‘Arsenal trust him’: Romano says Gunners want to agree new deal with ‘extraordinary’ player despite exit links
Fabrizio Romano says Arsenal will not loan out William Saliba
Asked about all the rumours surrounding Saliba, Romano said: “The answer I’m receiving is first of all, ‘no way’ for loan deal or loan with buy option, those reports from Italy are completely wide of the mark.
“They (Arsenal) want to keep the player. They count on Saliba as part of the team next season.
“I see Saliba staying at Arsenal. The situation could only change in case of a crazy bid. If not, Saliba will stay in the team and they’ll negotiate a new deal.
“Arteta is a big fan of Saliba, and I’m sure they’ll try to keep him at the club and they want to keep him at the club.”
Arsenal fans can breathe a huge sigh of relief now.
Yes, the Gunners have two excellent centre-halves in Ben White and Gabriel Magalhaes at the back, but that doesn’t mean they’ve to let go of Saliba, a player whose ceiling is arguably higher than his two Arsenal teammates.
Branded as an ‘extraordinary’ player, Saliba was absolutely incredible at Marseille last season. His fantastic performances even earned him a call-up to the French national team, which just shows how good he was.
It will be interesting to see what Arteta will do in the coming weeks, but after three frustrating years, Saliba really does deserve a chance in an Arsenal shirt to show the world what he’s all about.
- Report: ‘Amazing’ 21-year-old is now ready to quit Arsenal if Arteta doesn’t agree to play him regularly
You may also like…
- ‘I think it would work’: Paul Merson questions Arteta’s use of ‘fabulous’ Arsenal player…after just one PL game
- ‘All does not seem well’: Chris Sutton predicts result of Arsenal v Leicester clash
- ‘Of course I like him’: Gennaro Gattuso a big fan of ‘incredible’ £26m star Arsenal reportedly want
- ‘We are trying him’: Arteta has just said one of his new signings has played four positions in training already