'Boss': Bruno Guimaraes sends three-word message on Twitter to Newcastle legend Alan Shearer
Bruno Guimaraes is a Newcastle United player and the last time Magpies fans were this excited about a signing was probably when Alan Shearer joined the club all those years ago.
The Brazilian is a fantastic signing for the Toon. He was one of the best players in Ligue 1 during his time with Olympique Lyon and if he can hit the ground running, he will boost Newcastle’s chances of survival in the Premier League this season.
Guimaraes was unveiled to the media yesterday and Newcastle fans absolutely loved the way he spoke about the club and PIF’s ambitions for the not-so-distant future.
Shearer too was impressed and the duo exchanged tweets after the Brazilian’s press conference yesterday.
- ‘Don’t think they will’: Lawrenson predicts Newcastle v Everton result; offers verdict on Howe’s January deals
Bruno Guimaraes sends three-word message to Alan Shearer
It really is an exciting time to be a Newcastle fan. The club has just signed five new players, the future is definitely bright and if Eddie Howe continues the good work he’s doing, they will stay up this season.
Guimaraes made it clear in his press conference yesterday that Newcastle’s aim this season is to avoid relegation. The ambition for the future, however, is to qualify for the Champions League and eventually go on and win it. (Guardian)
After his time in front of the media, Guimaraes posed for a few pictures at St James’ Park and tweeted out a couple. Shearer quoted that tweet and wrote: ‘Bruuuuunnnooooooo’. The Brazilian responded with a three-word message.
Shearer and every other Newcastle fan are beyond excited to see Guimaraes make his debut and rightly so. However, the Brazilian may need some time to settle in to the Premier League.
The Ligue 1 is ever-improving and the quality of football in France now is arguably the best in over a decade. But, it’s still nowhere near as intense as the English top-flight, which means it’s not easy for players to just come in and hit the ground running.
Newcastle fans should back Guimaraes even if he doesn’t do well in his first few months at the club. He is a fantastic player and if he’s given the time he needs to adapt, he will surely become their best player.
- Report: Champions League winner Newcastle offered £8m-a-year in January has now agreed move elsewhere
You may also like…
- ‘That’s the gamble’: Sky Sports specialist says ‘fantastic’ player has put it all on the line by joining Tottenham
- Our View: Long-term Leeds target could now move to Elland Road after £14m agreement
- ‘We have communication’: Fabrizio Romano has just relayed some bad news for Arsenal and Chelsea fans
- Aston Villa & Tottenham officially miss out as 33-year-old target signs for Inter Milan