'Blow them away': Michael Owen has just predicted who will win the CL final - Liverpool or Real Madrid
Liverpool take on Real Madrid in the Champions League final tomorrow and Michael Owen has revealed his prediction for the big game in Paris.
The Englishman has played for both clubs in the past, and although he didn’t win the Champions League with either team, he knows how big a night tomorrow is for the two biggest sides in the world.
Liverpool have been dominant in every competition they’ve played in. They won both cups and pushed Manchester City in the Premier League title race until the final day of the season.
As dangerous as Real Madrid are, Liverpool will arguably go into the game tomorrow as the favourites, and Owen believes the Reds could blow the Spanish champions away.
- KLOPP CALLS UP ‘EXCEPTIONAL’ 19-YEAR-OLD LIKENED TO A ‘YOUNG GERRARD’ TO LIVERPOOL TRAINING PRE-CL FINAL
Michael Owen predicts Liverpool vs Real Madrid Champions League final
Speaking to The Daily Mail, Owen said: “I think Liverpool are better than Madrid and they could blow them away. 3-1 or 3-0 is my prediction. I think they could beat them reasonably convincingly because they are an exceptional team at the minute and are too good for Madrid.
“Madrid have just done phenomenally well to get to the final. I’m sure they believe their name is on the title what with scrapping through the group stage and then of course Chelsea was incredible how they got through that. Manchester City was just mind-blowing how they beat them as well.
“But, I think Liverpool are so experienced and so good. They won’t want to get into a grind with them because I think Madrid are the ultimate team when it comes to know-how and winning close games.”
Both Real Madrid and Liverpool are world-class sides and are among the best teams in the world.
The Reds’ dominance in all competitions this season may give them an edge going into the game, but history and form go right out of the window once that whistle is blown.
Both clubs have been in this position before and they’ve both tasted success. Real Madrid have even beaten Liverpool in the final before, but the Reds could well go into the game looking for revenge.
Michael Owen predicts a 3-0 win for Liverpool in the Champions League final tomorrow, which may seem a bit far-fetched, but football is a funny old game, and anything is possible.
- KLOPP CALLS UP UTTERLY ‘OUTSTANDING’ 19-YEAR-OLD TO LIVERPOOL TRAINING AHEAD OF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL
You may also like…
- ‘Could really hurt Liverpool’: Michael Owen says Ancelotti will try to ‘expose’ one Reds player in CL final
- ‘It’s true’: Real Madrid’s Dani Carvajal makes claim about Liverpool’s £34m man ahead of Champions League final
- Gary Neville shares who he thinks is going to win the Champions League – Liverpool or Real Madrid
- Klopp calls up utterly ‘outstanding’ 19-year-old to Liverpool training ahead of Champions League final