Gary Neville shares who he thinks is going to win the Champions League - Liverpool or Real Madrid
Liverpool take on Real Madrid in the final of the Champions League this weekend and Gary Neville has revealed his prediction.
The Reds dreamt of winning the quadruple every day since the turn of the year, but Manchester City killed that dream on the final day of the Premier League season.
However, the treble is still very much achievable, but it will not be easy against a very strong Real Madrid side.
Neville was asked about the final on Saturday, and his prediction will not go down well among Liverpool fans.
- KLOPP CALLS UP UTTERLY ‘OUTSTANDING’ 19-YEAR-OLD TO LIVERPOOL TRAINING AHEAD OF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL
Gary Neville predicts Liverpool will lose Champions League final vs Real Madrid
The Manchester United icon and his good pal Jamie Carragher took part at the end of season special of The Overlap this week, and the former was asked about the big game in Paris on Saturday.
Gary Neville predicts the Champions League final: “I don’t think they will win the European Cup on Saturday to be fair.
“He’s (Carragher) been going on all season this! Liverpool played Chelsea in the second game of the season and he’s texting me saying: ‘Liverpool aren’t right, they aren’t right, they are not the same’.
“He tries to convince himself!”
Liverpool have had a dominant season in all competitions. They did well to push Manchester City until the last day of the campaign, while their success in the two cup competitions speaks for itself.
The big one, however, is the Champions League. Jurgen Klopp deserves immense praise for everything he has done this season, but if the Reds don’t get over the line this weekend, this season may not be viewed as a successful one by many people – even though they would’ve won two trophies.
Real Madrid are a fantastic team. They have the quality to blow every club in the world away, and as they showed against Chelsea, Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain this season, they know how to win even when they’re in trouble.
That makes it really difficult for Liverpool this weekend, but Klopp and co will fancy themselves to get the job done after the heartbreak four years ago.
- ‘NOT DONE’: MO SALAH HAS JUST SENT A MESSAGE TO LIVERPOOL FANS ON TWITTER AHEAD OF THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL
You may also like…
- ‘Could really hurt Liverpool’: Michael Owen says Ancelotti will try to ‘expose’ one Reds player in CL final
- ‘It’s true’: Real Madrid’s Dani Carvajal makes claim about Liverpool’s £34m man ahead of Champions League final
- ‘Blow them away’: Michael Owen has just predicted who will win the CL final – Liverpool or Real Madrid
- Klopp calls up utterly ‘outstanding’ 19-year-old to Liverpool training ahead of Champions League final