Arsenal are very confident they can sign Youri Tielemans but Arteta 'doesn’t want to move' - journalist
The Gunners are on the market for a new midfielder, and the Leicester City star has been linked with a move to the Emirates for a long, long time now. However, a deal is yet to materialise. Jacobs has explained why.
- Report: Arsenal could yet sign ‘special’ player late in the window…and they’ve already agreed personal terms
Arsenal can easily sign Youri Tielemans but Arteta ‘doesn’t want to move’
Tielemans has entered the final year of his contract at Leicester. He was the favourite to move on when the transfer window opened last month, but his future is still up in the air.
Arsenal seemed the likeliest destination for a long time for Tielemans, and Jacobs has claimed now that the Gunners are still very confident that they can sign him if they enter negotiations. However, Arteta hasn’t made up his mind yet.
The journalist told GiveMeSport: “If they don’t sign him, it’s not because Tielemans doesn’t want to join, it’s not because the deal can’t be agreed with Leicester.
“I think Arsenal are very confident if they do come to the table and finally make a bid that they will be able to strike a deal with Leicester. It’s down to Arteta’s desire, and at the moment, he doesn’t want to move.”
It seems very clear that Tielemans is on Arsenal’s wish list, but the fact that the Gunners haven’t yet made their move makes us wonder if he’s the one Arteta actually wants.
The Belgian is a fantastic player. He can play anywhere across central midfield, is Premier League proven, and despite only being 25 years old, has tons of experience under his belt.
Tielemans, branded as ‘incredible’, really would be a fine signing for many clubs in the world, but whether Arsenal will make a move for him in the coming weeks remains to be seen.
If they don’t, it will be interesting to see who else Arteta and Edu will go after.
- They’ve been there and done it’: Graham Roberts tells Tottenham to go and sign two Arsenal targets next
You may also like…
- ‘Deal signed’: Romano has outgoing transfer news about £85k-a-week Arsenal ace
- ‘They can’t get this one wrong’: Journalist drops Arsenal incoming transfer claim
- Report: Arsenal in ‘lead’ for ‘remarkable’ £33m attacker; agents braced for potential talks
- Arsenal assistant manager Steve Round thinks Gabriel Martinelli is a ‘diamond’