'A big thank you': Edu sends goodbye message to 'exceptional' Arsenal player who's leaving now
Arsenal have just confirmed that Alexandre Lacazette will be leaving the club at the end of this month, and Edu Gaspar and Mikel Arteta have sent him a farewell message.
The Frenchman has been at Arsenal since 2017. He has been a real leader, and although he was never quite able to replicate the goalscoring prowess that he once showed at Lyon, he was always a model professional and a fine servant for the club.
Lacazette will leave the Emirates after five years, 206 games, 71 goals and 36 assists, and with an FA Cup to his name. Arteta and Edu have thanked him for his help, with the latter even claiming that he’ll always be a part of the Arsenal family.
- ‘We will continue’: Club president publicly claims he’s going to make move to sign ‘phenomenal’ Arsenal player
Edu and Mikel Arteta bid farewell to Alexandre Lacazette
Speaking to Arsenal’s official website, Edu said: “A big thank you to Laca from everyone at Arsenal.
“He’s been really important for us. “He will always be part of the Arsenal family and we wish him well for everything in the future.”
Arteta added: “Laca has been a fantastic player for us. He’s been a real leader on and off the pitch and has been a very important influence to our younger players.
“His commitment with us has been exceptional and we wish him and his family success and happiness.”
What next for Laca and Arsenal?
It looks like Lacazette will be on his way back to Lyon, his boyhood club. The Frenchman is a hero there, and it seems like it’s only a matter of time before that deal will be announced.
As for Arsenal, they need a top-quality replacement.
The Gunners really struggled in front of goal last season, and that was one of the biggest reasons why they fall short in the end. With European football back at the Emirates next term, a prolific number nine is an absolute necessity.
Arteta and Edu have decided they don’t want Lacazette anymore. Now, it will be interesting to see who they’ll bring in as the Frenchman’s replacement.
- ‘I’m in discussions’: Arsenal star confirms transfer talks, just five weeks after Arteta called him ‘terrific’
You may also like…
- Fabrizio Romano: Gabriel Jesus will have his Arsenal medical this morning
- Report: AC Milan want William Saliba after missing out on Sven Botman
- Fabrizio Romano says there’s ‘no way’ Arsenal will loan out William Saliba now
- ‘This week’: Arsenal about to step up bid for ‘unbelievable’ player in coming days, Romano says