West Ham 2012/13 Season Preview
We take a look at West Ham’s prospects leading up to the new Premier League season.
Manager: Sam Allardyce
Stadium: Upton Park – 35,016
Nickname: The Hammers
2011/12 League Position: 3rd in the Championship
Modibo Maiga – Sochaux – £4.7m
James Collins – Aston Villa – £2.5m
George McCartney – Sunderland – £1m
Stephen Henderson – Portsmouth – Undisclosed
Raphael Spiegel – Grasshoppers – Undisclosed
Mohamed Diame – Wigan – Free
Jussi Jaaskelainen – Bolton – Free
Alou Diarra – Marseille – £2m
Ricardo Vaz Te – Vaz Te was an important player for the Hammers during the second half of last season. He’s extremely fast and has an eye for goal.
Mark Noble – The Championship seemed to really bring Noble out of himself, as he bossed games and showed a level of poise he previously lacked. As a West Ham boy, he remains a symbol to the club’s loyal fanbase.
Kevin Nolan – All-action midfielder Nolan will drive the Hammers forward this season.
- West Ham used a 4-4-2 and a 4-4-1-1 last season, they’ll probably switch between the two this year.
- Vaz Te, Nolan and Taylor will all get forward, while new boy Diame sits back.
- They’ve got plenty of attacking options, but Maiga should be given the chance to impress early on.
August 18th Aston Villa (H), 25th Swansea (A), September 1st Fulham (H), 15th Norwich (A), 22nd Sunderland (H), October 1st QPR (A)
It’s all about Premier League survival for the Hammers in 2012/13. Sam Allardyce will be desperate to keep the club in the top flight, so he can build for future seasons.
Most of the squad have Premiership experience, but they could still struggle to survive. With a few more additions to the squad however, I think they’ll finish the season clear of the danger zone. 15th
You may also like…
- Jude Bellingham left very impressed by West Ham player’s latest international display
- Report: West Ham interested in Jason Denayer before Dubai move
- ‘Embarrassing’: German media react after what West Ham’s Thilo Kehrer did during game against England last night
- ‘Unbelievable’ West Ham United man’s World Cup hopes could be over after latest squad news – TBR View