'We cannot do that': Dejan Kulusevski says £30m Spurs player wanted Conte to put on more training sessions
Both players did not go to the World Cup, with Kulusevski’s Sweden not qualifying, while Gareth Southgate took just one specialist left-back to Qatar.
Kulusevski started and scored in Spurs’ friendly win over Motherwell last week as they start the process of tuning up for competitive action once again.
Sessegnon is still working on an injury he picked up before the World Cup but should be fit to face Brentford on Boxing Day if his recovery keeps going as planned.
Kulusevski says Sessegnon wanted even more sessions
In an interview with Sky Sports News, Kulusevski said: “(Double sessions), all day every day!
“Sess also wanted three but we cannot do that! It’s working and that is what you have to do if you want results.
“We listen to everything and do everything.”
Antonio Conte is famously uncompromising when it comes to his fitness demands but the World Cup has not been kind to Spurs.
Richarlison has returned with an injury, while the likes of Sessegnon are still managing fitness issues which have lingered since November.
Cristian Romero is now into the final and Hugo Lloris could well be too, with Ivan Perisic going to the semi-finals and still with a third-fourth place play-off to come at the weekend.
Conte will be whipping his Spurs squad into shape and hoping his intensive fitness work serves them well as the season wears on.
You may also like…
- Journalist feels sorry for Tottenham star after hearing what people have said about him
- Ian Wright suggests Harry Kane would suit Manchester United
- John Terry sends message to Harry Kane on Instagram after he makes history at Tottenham
- Bryan Gil and Giovani Lo Celso react after what happened to 29-year-old Tottenham player on Sunday