Ake on rumours
Nathan Ake has spoken about rumours linking him with a move to Tottenham Hotspur. The £40 million-rated Dutchman was linked with a move to Spurs by the Daily Star last week.
However, he told Voetbal International after the Dutch defeated Germany 3-0 this week that these are just rumours.
The talented defender says he will ‘focus’ on Bournemouth and will not listen to ‘internet rumours’.
Heung-min Son says he will no longer be taking penalties for South Korea after missing from the spot for the second international in succession.
The Spurs winger played well in the nation’s excellent 2-1 win over Uruguay. However, he again missed a penalty as he did against Costa Rica recently.
He told the Korea Times that missing ‘hurt his pride’ and that he doesn’t think he’ll be on penalty duty going forward.
Tottenham have been linked with a surprise move for West Brom winger Oliver Burke. The talented Scotsman has struggled since joining the Baggies from RB Leipzig and is not currently a first-team regular at the Hawthorns.
The Sun on Sunday (14/10/18; pg 61) suggests Spurs have not forgotten the talent he once exhibited at Nottingham Forest and are keen, along with Newcastle United.