Top five stats from the Premier League weekend featuring Arsenal and Tottenham
Chelsea stole the headlines this weekend by going to the top of the Premier League table, but there are always more stories to enjoy than just the progression of the league standings.
This week saw the division’s most prolific headed goalscorer notch another, a much maligned striker continue a hot streak and a London club achieve something they haven’t done for thirty years.
Here are the best stats from the last weekend…
1. Harry Kane is the best striker in London…ever
Harry Kane dug his Tottenham teammates out of a hole with two late goals to secure a 3-2 win over West Ham, but his contribution was a lot more telling than just giving his side three points.
Kane’s penalty was his 18th goal in 22 London derbies, a ratio of 0.82 goals per game. This is the best ratio of any Premier League striker in fixtures between teams from the capital.
17 of those Kane goals have also come in his last 16 appearances against fellow London clubs.
You may also like…
- ‘All roads lead to Rome’: Arsenal fans discuss Ramsey and Xhaka picture
- ‘Omg’, ‘Slightly Less FC’: Some Arsenal fans react after hearing who Arteta’s reportedly willing to sell
- Report: Arsenal legend set to land second-tier job
- ‘Keep dreaming’, ‘Won’t downgrade’: Some fans react as their £40m player is linked with Arsenal