Three key statistics ahead of Leicester versus Manchester City
Things have not been going well for the champions of late, and a 5-0 defeat to Porto in midweek would hardly have raised spirits ahead of an intriguing encounter with Manchester City.
Pep Guardiola’s men have been in mixed form and defeat at home to Chelsea last time out was a disappointing result, especially after taking the lead.
The consequences of the end of that game mean that City go into this one without the talents of Sergio Aguero and Fernandinho. How they, and Leciester, respond to their recent adversity will be crucial in the outcome of the game.
1. Does Ranieri have a hold over City?
Claudio Ranieri may have taken some flak this season for Leciester’s poor performances, but recent history suggests that he could put that right against Manchester City.
The Italian has won seven out of his last eight matches against City, with the only exception being a 0-0 draw at the King Power last season.
A continuation of this kind of form would be a big boost to Leicester’s season.
You may also like…
- ‘I want him’: Even some rival fans are wowed by one Leicester player’s display v Legia
- Report: Leicester want Maguire-like fee for player linked with Newcastle, Chelsea have opened talks
- Fofana names £100,000-a-week Liverpool man as his toughest ever opponent ahead of Salah and Kane
- Wesley Fofana shares hilarious story on how ‘crazy’ Jamie Vardy welcomed him to Leicester