Three key statistics ahead of Arsenal versus Stoke
After topping their Champions League group in midweek Arsenal return to Premier League action at home against a massively improving Stoke City side.
The Potters are on a run of just one defeat in nine games, putting aside early relegation fears to climb into the top half of the table.
But they face a tough ask going to the Emirates against an Arsenal side who have a very good record against them.
Here are three key stats ahead of the game:
1. Arsenal have won 14 home games against Stoke in a row
There are very few Premier League rivalries as one sided as this one, with Arsenal holding a 14 match winning streak over the Potters in all competitions at home.
The Gunners have also won all eight Premier League fixtures they have played against Stoke at home, winning 2-0 last season thanks to goals from Theo Walcott and Olivier Giroud.
Stoke will have to turn around a very unfavourable record if they want to come away with any points.
You may also like…
- ‘I’ll give him his due’: Paul Merson praises Mikel Arteta for taking Aubameyang off
- ‘He’s a monster on FIFA’: Arsenal fans react to Denis Zakaria links
- ‘Fantastic news’: Arsenal fans react to seeing Granit Xhaka back in training
- ‘Let’s make it real’: Arsenal fans delighted by links to Lille’s Jonathan David