TalkSPORT pundit says he's just completely changed his mind over who's finishing in the top four - Arsenal or Tottenham
The top-four race really is heating up at the moment and North London rivals Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur are set to battle it out in the coming weeks.
The Gunners are currently fourth in the table, three points ahead of fifth-place Spurs despite playing a game fewer.
That puts Mikel Arteta’s side in a very strong position ahead of the business end of the season but Antonio Conte’s Tottenham are really getting their act together now.
Spurs looked incredible against West Ham recently and their performance against the Irons has convinced many people that they’re the favourites to finish fourth ahead of Arsenal.
- ‘Flipping Martinelli’: Pundit thinks Arsenal star is the reason why ‘phenomenal’ England player is injured
Dean Saunders: Tottenham will pip Arsenal in top-four race
TalkSport pundit Dean Saunders and Jamie O’Hara discussed the race for the top-four recently and the former claimed that he has completely changed his mind now.
The Welshman, who initially backed Arsenal to finish fourth, now believes it’s Tottenham who are the favourites to finish in the final Champions League spot.
He said on TalkSport: “Do you know what, the way they played yesterday changed my mind. I just thought the way that they moved the ball [was superb].
“Spurs have got the best manager, for me. After I watched that game, and the way Son and Kane are playing at the moment, I would say Spurs [will get top four ahead of Arsenal and Manchester United].
- ‘What went through Arteta’s head’: National media think Arsenal made a big transfer error last month
If Tottenham play every game as well as they did against West Ham, they will definitely be the favourites to finish in the top four.
However, Spurs’ biggest issue has been their consistency and the fact that they’ve played a game more than Arsenal complicates things even further if they can’t find a way to be consistent.
Arsenal, at the moment, are in the driving seat to finish fourth. It’s definitely theirs to lose from this point, but they have some really difficult games coming up, which will test them to their limits.
It really will be interesting to see who will finish fourth at the end of the season. With the way things are going, it won’t be a surprise if the winners of the North London derby will end up claiming the final Champions League spot.
You may also like…
- ‘I think it would work’: Paul Merson questions Arteta’s use of ‘fabulous’ Arsenal player…after just one PL game
- ‘All does not seem well’: Chris Sutton predicts result of Arsenal v Leicester clash
- ‘Of course I like him’: Gennaro Gattuso a big fan of ‘incredible’ £26m star Arsenal reportedly want
- ‘We are trying him’: Arteta has just said one of his new signings has played four positions in training already