Report: 'World-class' player now in London for Tottenham medical in the 'next few hours'
Photo by Xavier Bonilla/NurPhoto via Getty Images

Report: 'World-class' player now in London for Tottenham medical in the 'next few hours'

Tottenham Hotspur are on the verge of bringing Clement Lenglet to N17, according to Sport.

The Catalan outlet – via Sport Witness – has claimed that the Barcelona defender is currently in London.

Lenglet will have a medical at Tottenham in the ‘next few hours’ ahead of his loan switch to Spurs.

Photo by David Ramos/Getty Images

And ‘except for last-minute turns’, he’ll close his transfer to Tottenham, added the Sport report.

Spurs apparently also have an option to buy next summer for €10m (around £8.6m).

Sport also touched on Marca‘s report from earlier today, which discussed the wage split between Tottenham and Barca.

Spurs will reportedly pay 85 percent of Lenglet’s salary, with his parent club footing the other 15 percent.

Apparently, Barcelona’s original plan would have been to have Spurs pay the entirety of Lenglet’s wages.

Lenglet, who Didier Deschamps has described as “world-class“, seems to fit the bill for Antonio Conte’s Spurs.

He is a talented, hard-working, left-footed defender, and boasts plenty of top-level experience.

Lenglet is also in need of regular game time to try and force his way back into the France squad.

He made 27 appearances for Barca last season, but just seven of those were starts.

Lenglet looks set to become Tottenham’s fifth summer signing.

So far, Spurs have signed Richarlison, Yves Bissouma, Ivan Perisic and Fraser Forster.

In addition, Middlesbrough’s Djed Spence remains linked with a potential switch to N17.

Have something to tell us about this article?
Let us know

You may also like…

LOGIN to Comment
LOGIN to Comment