Report: What Tottenham's Heung-Min Son did in South Korea training yesterday, his manager 'had words' afterwards
Son has been training with a black facemask on after being forced out of Spurs’ Champions League win over Marseille.
YNA reported that Son said at his first World Cup media briefing last week that he had not yet been able to head the ball.
Now, they report he has made that step, heading some balls in training before manager Paulo Bento came over and ‘had words’ with him.
Son makes progress in South Korea training
That seems to be significant progress for Son as he looks to get fit for his country’s tournament opener against Uruguay on Thursday.
We saw yesterday how much Senegal struggled against the Netherlands in the absence of Sadio Mane, robbed of firepower without their talisman.
Son has a similar importance – perhaps even greater – for South Korea, who need their main man fit and firing to get out of the group.
They have a tough group, with Portugal and Ghana also in their pool and getting off to a strong start will be vitally important.
Son will hope to continue his recovery and be fit to start the game, with his protective headgear seeking to prevent an aggravation of the issue.
He will be looking to make his mark on the world stage but South Korea are definitely underdogs when it comes to getting to the knockout stage.
You may also like…
- ‘Now in official talks’: Romano shares transfer update that’s not great for Tottenham
- ‘I got angry’: TalkSPORT pundit slams 25-year-old Tottenham player for what he did at the World Cup yesterday
- Uruguayan outlet shares when Bentancur is expected to be back in action for Spurs
- ‘Had to write to him’: Dejan Kulusevski says sent message to £22m Tottenham player after what happened at the World Cup