Report: What Joe Rodon has been told about his Spurs future under Antonio Conte
Spurs signed Joe Rodon last October, but the Welsh defender has struggled to force his way into the Tottenham first-team.
The 24-year-old has made just 19 competitive first-team appearances at Spurs, of which eight have been Premier League starts.
It’s a completely different story for Rodon at international level, having become a crucial player for Wales.
The 6ft 4in centre-back has already won 22 caps for the Dragons, and has played the full 90 minutes in their last four World Cup qualifiers.
Rodon has made more appearances for Wales than he has for Tottenham, where he has been incredibly unlucky amid a difficult period for the club.
But according to football.london, it looks as though his situation at Tottenham could soon change for the better.
The outlet claims Rodon has been told that, going forward, he is to compete with Eric Dier for the central role in Conte’s back three.
Most of Rodon’s Tottenham game time this season has come in the Europa Conference League, with three 90-minute appearances under his belt in the competition.
Spurs are in European action tonight against Mura in Slovenia, and Rodon looks likely to feature.
Could the Welshman soon start getting more starts in the Premier League as well? Based on this report, he could well get the opportunity.
You may also like…
- Robinson: Tottenham duo are ‘under serious threat’ of being sold by Antonio Conte
- Report: Seven Barcelona players that could be included in player-plus-cash deal with Manchester City
- Luke Ayling delivers two-word injury update on Instagram, after return for Leeds 23’s on Monday
- Times pundit orders Liverpool to sign player that Gerrard branded ‘very energetic’ earlier this season