Read the latest 2022 Qatar World Cup news here.

Report: Tottenham could make bid to sign 'dangerous' £40m forward who's even outperforming Erling Haaland
Photo by Perry van de Leuvert/NESImages/DeFodi Images via Getty Images

Report: Tottenham could make bid to sign 'dangerous' £40m forward who's even outperforming Erling Haaland

Tottenham Hotspur could make a bid to sign PSV forward Cody Gakpo in January – who’s even outperforming Manchester City’s Erling Haaland so far this season. 

Spurs produced another comeback win on Saturday after falling behind three times against Leeds United. 

Dejan Kulusevski returned to the starting line-up and produced a brilliant display from the right-hand side. 

Richarlison also made his first start since his return as Spurs looked much-improved in terms of their attacking display. 

But it seems Antonio Conte is on the lookout for further attacking reinforcements and could target the ‘dangerous’ Gakpo in January. 

Photo by Lynne Cameron – Manchester City/Manchester City FC via Getty Images

Tottenham could make bid to sign Gakpo 

Dean Jones has told GiveMeSport that a ‘well informed’ source says Tottenham could yet move for Gakpo. 

The Dutch forward has been in devastating form for PSV this season, registering 13 goals and 17 assists in all competitions. 

He’s produced 30-goal involvements in just 23 appearances and is outperforming Haaland based purely on the statistics. 

The City striker has scored 23 goals and provided three assists under Pep Guardiola so far this season. 

Photo by Perry van de Leuvert/NESImages/DeFodi Images via Getty Images

The recent injuries to Richarlison, Kulusevski and Heung-Min Son have highlighted the need for another forward player at Spurs. 

The drop-off in quality when the three were sidelined was hugely noticeable, with Lucas Moura in particular failing to impress. 

Bryan Gil looked promising during his cameo displays in the Champions League, but Conte seemingly doesn’t think he’s ready to become a real option just yet. 

Gakpo would certainly provide Conte with another quality option and he has shown he is capable of playing across the front-three. 

But if Spurs do move for the 23-year-old, they’ll face stiff competition for his signature with a host of Premier League clubs said to be interested.  He has been rated at £40 million if he leaves PSV.

Conte will be looking to bring in more quality players to improve his options in January. Spurs will hope that they can bring in players that can have a similar impact than Kulusevski and Rodrigo Bentancur managed last season.

Have something to tell us about this article?
Let us know

You may also like…