Connect with us

Report suggests Tottenham’s Wout Weghorst stance as Wolfsburg director remains calm

Tottenham Hotspur

Report suggests Tottenham’s Wout Weghorst stance as Wolfsburg director remains calm

Tottenham Hotspur have been heavily linked with a move for a new striker this summer, to provide back-up to Harry Kane. 

It is not currently clear if that search has now stopped with the arrival of Gareth Bale back in North London. 

However, it would appear that Wolfsburg sporting director Marcel Schaefer believes so, which is good news for him, as Spurs have been heavily linked with signing the German side’s Dutch international striker Wout Weghorst. 

“If you look at the last Tottenham game in the Premier League, you can see that they have fewer problems in attack,” Schaefer told Sport1. “Now they also signed Gareth Bale. There is more of a problem who is allowed to play. They don’t need the Wout.”

 

Now, it appears that Tottenham may have never been keen. 

HANOVER, GERMANY – OCTOBER 30:  (Photo by Thomas Starke/Bongarts/Getty Images)

As reported by Football.London, reports linking Tottenham with a move for the colossal frontman are said to be wide of the mark. 

This is despite a report from the Express earlier this month which claimed Tottenham were keen on the player, who was being valued at £27 million with the German side open to a sale. 

Tottenham appear to have never had any interest in the player and that would, seemingly, be the end of this specific transfer rumour. 

Tottenham might still be in the hunt for another striker. However, Weghorst looks unlikely to be the player they bring in. 

Have something to tell us about this article?

More in Tottenham Hotspur

Popular

To Top